the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Internet Shuts Down
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:51 am 
Everytime I use BT, after a few minutes or more my internet will randomly (?) shut down. If i go into my router setup and save changes it automatically reboots. I've noticed if I close the ports my connection will stay up for an unlimited amount of time, but then I can't connect to jack-squat. In about 13 hours I've downloaded 204 mb out of 1 gig. I'm guessing, well I KNOW, that this has somethign to do with the router or networking, but does anyone know how to fix this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:28 pm 

You mean your COMPUTER reboots?? That points to a serious problem with your netwok interface drivers. It sounds like either a problem with the network drivers or the router's firmware, and I recommend you update both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:25 pm 
No my computer doesn't get rebooted, the actual internet disconnects me (and the 2 other computers on my network). I've been reading other forum posts and a lot of people have apparently had the same problem. The only solution I have to this problem is closing the ports and letting it marinate 56k style. I'm not sure about my router firmware, my ISP (comcast) says they have their actual modem updated and its getting fine speeds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:14 am 
same problem here

when using BT, my internet connection gets INCREDIBLY slow, and it disconnects every 1-2 hours...

it's the same when using eMule or other BT clients :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:11 pm 
Probably too much different connections and your iptables (or equivalent) gets filled with timedout connections... the solution is to lower the maximum connections in either your client or your operating system. Another fix for this would be to set the iptables limit to something higher, but then your router would need more ram and that's not possible with home routers (most common linksys and d-link are home routers). Then again a home router could be better than another one but it will end to this result somewhen.

Mat128

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]