the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:27 pm 
3 seems to be a magic number for me with the new Bittornado 0.3.12. As I said above I deleted the bittornado directory from program files and was able to download and finish w/ no errors for the first 2 torrents then got errors again. I then took it one step further and delete bittornado directories under Program Files and under my user account. And again no errors for the first 2 torrents then errors on the 3 torrent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:37 am 
Same problem here. XP SP2, ATI Radeon 9800 (latest drivers), 3.12.

Bittornado crashes everytime I close the program. There appears to be no data corruption though. BT does not remain in memory after crashing (according to the XP taskmanager).

So it's really no biggie...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:36 am 
Bittornado v0.3.12 crashes for me as well when I click finish.
Clicking PAUSE then FINISH seems to delay the crash a second or 2 longer...but it still crashes. :(

I'm on an AMD K-7 1 Ghz, 512 MB DDR ram, Win 98SE ...with lots of patches (LitePc/98Lite and official patches), IE v6sp1 with cumulative updates. ...and as little other junk as possible, Microsoft or otherwise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:44 am 
well hey... when you click finish its supposed to close anyway right? so just disable error reports (as they dont help you at all anyway) and go on with life and close this thread...

to disable error reports right click on my computer and go to propertys

then from there its advanced>error reporting and click disable error reporting and uncheck the box under it and there ya go... no more error reports (since they do nothing but pop up for ya anyway no loss i mean do you really need a pop up to tell ya that something crashed?)

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:57 pm 
Interesting topic, in particular about 'pause before finish'...

One system I use BitTornado on runs WinME.

I have always had a problem on this system, wherein after a 'good workout' (fast download and/or lot's of peer connection), hitting Finish gives me a, oh, say, 33 to 50 percent chance of getting a 9X Blue Screen...

Now it's a partially recoverable Blue Screen - I can return back to windows, but at that point I've lost my network - no communications of any kind. It's enough to let me cleanly exit other running programs and restart the system.

BUT the interesting thing I've also recently discovered, is that if I hit Pause first, AND WAIT TILL ALL PEERS DISCONNECT, I *never* get the blue screen. Using Pause without waiting until all peers disconnect seems to reduce the chance of a blue screen, but not eliminate it.

I had just chalked it up to an overstressed IP stack (not the most robust under 9X), but this topic makes me wonder if the cleanup of the open sockets (perhaps with some I/O requests outstanding?) is doing something 'unfriendly'...

Might be interesting for the people here doing 'Pause before Finish' to wait until the peer count drops to zero before hitting Finish...

Anyway, just passing on an observation...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:35 am 

Anonymous wrote:
Mine crashes every time I close it as well. I'm using WinXP Pro, SP2.

me too friends.
is there a patch / fix to fix that? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:29 pm 
yea, dl the older version if you can find it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:54 pm 
One more crash post here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:22 am 
crashes and you cannot open multiple instances of BiT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:02 pm 
crashes here too, same as everyone else.

XP - radeon 9600xt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:24 pm 
Same problem like everyone else, crashes on exit, fresh installation of xp sp2 and no previous bit tornado client installed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:15 am 
Yes, same problem - Running Windows XP (SP2) Professional. The Finish/Cancel/X buttons all seem to cause this.

Fishy80 does raise a valid point - I suppose we wouldn't notice if we disabled the send error bit - for some reason I feel odd about doing that. None of the solutions proposed seem to work; perhaps it would be best to simply regress to an earlier build for the time being.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:15 pm 
fishy80/prereg wrote:
well hey... when you click finish its supposed to close anyway right? so just disable error reports (as they dont help you at all anyway) and go on with life and close this thread...

to disable error reports right click on my computer and go to propertys

then from there its advanced>error reporting and click disable error reporting and uncheck the box under it and there ya go... no more error reports (since they do nothing but pop up for ya anyway no loss i mean do you really need a pop up to tell ya that something crashed?)

Very good suggestion. Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. Duh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:56 pm 
same here, crashes, but i havent found any problem on the downloaded/uploaded files so i guess it makes no prob huh?

all it does is tells you it couldnt exit so it will exit :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:14 am 
Same here too as with just about everyone else that uses 3.12. Windows XP SP2, error after clicking on Finish.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next