the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:33 pm 
I like seeing the ratio on a specific torrent. The ratio resets after it crashes showing you an invalid ratio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:04 pm 
I don't understand what the fuss is about :S
The older versions remained in the memory even after finishing a torrent.
Now that it crashes it's removed from the memory and my download is still in tact.
So what's the problem??
It only fixes that BT doesn't remain in my memory after hitting finish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:45 pm 
Daniel Pharos wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
the error was on my comp as well.. but the only fix i found was the build the binary my self..

used the following..
Python 2.4.1
wxPython2.6-win32-ansi-2.6.0.1-py24
py2exe-0.5.4.win32-py2.4

works perfectly.. doesnt crash on exit.. :)

So a total recompile with another version of Python works. Makes sense if the problem is what I described pages ago... I never got to recompiling BT itself, had big trouble with Python (I never used it before), but 'Guest' apparently did it!

Maybe someone could post this as an unofficial build 0.3.12/13 even.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:47 pm 
If a simple recompile is all that is required...then how come a simple recompile with updated Python hasn't been done yet for the masses?

I have stuck with BitTornado (former name and all) ever since my introduction to BitTorrent, back in the early Suprnova days. While I understand situations change, I really feel that it is a disservice to continue to allow downloading of this version of BitTornado on the main website, when the last few versions have blatantly been filled with bugs. Not only that, but there are clients that are faster (startup time, etc), cleaner, and don't contain blatant bugs in almost every release (but that is the nature of this project). However, there aren't many torrent applications that are mostly OS-independent and easy to get a grasp of.

Maybe that is why I still use BitTornado. Maybe I should write my own client (sigh, another one?)...

I don't know. I just wish all the problems would go away...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:41 pm 
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Suprnova wasn't that long time ago. Anyways, I don't see any major problems with Bittornado. I stick with the stable version, probably. But i feel Nado is good enough and VERY ACCESSIBLE for a basic torrent seeding, leeching. Though it may not be the prettiest but it sure aint the ugliest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:04 am 
after a reformat 0.3.12 no longer crashed, so there's nothing wrong with the client itself. it did crash before the reformat. so in a clean system, with no previous versions of bittornado installed it works as it should.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:27 pm 
I've tried a clean installation and it still doesn't fix anything. Looking through the Even Viewer in Adminstrative Tools in the Control Panel, it lists the fault address, but it differs on every crash. :S

I'll post a few incase they are useful:

Faulting application btdownloadgui.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00a4138a.

Faulting application btdownloadgui.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00a4137c.

Faulting application btdownloadgui.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00a4221c.

Faulting application btdownloadgui.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x003f5dbf.

Faulting application btdownloadgui.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x018c6492.

Faulting application btdownloadgui.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x003f5dbf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:20 pm 
Solution to remove the crash:

click on "prefs"
untick the box: "display miscellaneous other statistics"

it will remove the
"download to:"
"Downloaded"
"uploaded"

but you won't encounter any crashing with the btgui...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:58 am 
I'd actually rather have it crash at the end than not be able to see how much I have uploaded/downloaded :)

But if it's true that this solves the problem it should be much easier to figure out where the actual problem is.

Still hope it gets fixed soon though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:46 am 
It's taken him so long to fix this bug that I no longer believe that he is even going to try to fix it.

He said he was getting tired of programming in python and didn't want to do it again after this release. I bet he's moved on to programming version 0.4 and there will not be another stable release in the 0.3 development.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:28 am 

Ok i went into prefs and removed the misc display. the first time when u close the program, it doesnt crash. but after you run it again and close it, it will still crash with the misc display off. gotta do better :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:52 am 
ok now try this

have that misc selected
but now
have "display peer and seeds statistics"

that seem to stop the error for me when i open and close it again after....

i just notice it started to crash with the previous steps i post.

but give this new shot a try
heheh, i think it didnt' kill the timer when the program closes. and when the timer tries to send the info back to the program, no program exist, so it crash.???

i'm a n00bies so don't flame me if what i said isn't true. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:03 pm 
I have Windows XP, SP2.

It happens to me too :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:44 pm 
The offending modules seem to be the "py" "python" etc.
After reading the T-0.3.12 topic it appears that python as a gui is causing many problems. In previous versions, it refused to end its task. Now, it ends the task, but probably in a manor that results in its crashing. Though it is not harmful, the GUI needs to be revamped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:52 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
I've tried a clean installation and it still doesn't fix anything. Looking through the Even Viewer in Adminstrative Tools in the Control Panel, it lists the fault address, but it differs on every crash. :S

I'll post a few incase they are useful:

Faulting application btdownloadgui.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00a4138a.

Faulting application btdownloadgui.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00a4137c.

Faulting application btdownloadgui.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00a4221c.

Faulting application btdownloadgui.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x018c6492.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next