the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:20 pm 
well the crash is nothing serious
just just a small little glitch thats all
but it works just fine for me
but just need to fix that glitch and thats all i need
thanks shadow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:50 am 
Mine crashes every time I close it as well. I'm using WinXP Pro, SP2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:42 pm 
BT 3.12 gives the same error msg I've seen everyone in here talking about when I click finish too, and it does still get stuck in taskmanager. Allthou I think it only stucks in taskmanager when I get an I/O disk is full error... I have to close the client to continue downloading after cleaning up some space...

SYS:
amd64 3500
winxp 32bit sp2
2x512ram
80GB HD
ati9800pro

all drivers uptodate

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:28 pm 
I've been doing some testing and noticed something that may help TheShadow. I've got machines ranging ranging from Win98 - WinXP SP2. And machines that never had any bittorrent client on them and some that have had all the versions of Bittornado (even before it was called bittornado).

Those machines that have had previous versions of bittornado and then were upgraded to 0.3.12 are the ones that crash. The machines I've just put Bittornado 0.3.12 on do not crash. Also my main machine (win2k) has had all versions of Bittornado on it and it did not initially crash after pressing finish. After 4 or 5 completed torrents it started crashing.

So, TheShadow if you want some testing done or need something checked or forensics done, I'd be happy to help. Or, as you've stated you are moving away from Python or wxPython (don't remember) and aren't worried about this bug since it does corrupt anything anways. Either way is fine with me.

And thanks for such a great client.
Good luck on the new client.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:57 pm 

bfehr, please. I'd really appreciate it. Something you may want to try is removing the BitTornado directory completely and then reinstalling it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:16 pm 
Ihad just install the 3.12 on a clean XP SP2 installation and Im getting the same crash that everyone when click finish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:23 pm 
Yes, this is annoying. :x I'm running Server 2K3 SP1 here, exact same thing. EVERY time I close BT (taskbar, Finish, X, process shutdown) I get that memory error. What's worse, sometimes the process remains in memory!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:24 pm 
Crashes when I close it, finished or not. Doesn't happen all the time though

Winxp sp2, geforce 6800 ultra, latest drivers, 1gb, amd 2800+ xp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:07 am 
Crashes here too. New Install as it's a new PC.

AMD 64 3500+
ASUS A8N-SLI DX
2GB Ram (Corsair XMS)
2 200GB Segate SATA's
ASUS EN-6800GT

Downgraded back to 3.10 and no probs..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:02 pm 

Just a little glitch, work perfect then. :P

Post subject: Same Problem
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:46 am 
Same thign happens here
Win 2000 SP4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:35 pm 
TheSHAD0W wrote:
bfehr, please. I'd really appreciate it. Something you may want to try is removing the BitTornado directory completely and then reinstalling it.

Will try that. It was my intent to do that, really... Just had to wait for several rather large torrents to finish. I'll follow up as soon as I can get around to trying that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:03 pm 
Can't seem to login. Maybe cause I posted as a guest then tried to register the same nick, but oh well. Either way, I'm bfehr from above and deleteing the directory that Bittornado is installed in worked for me so far (1 torrent finished, clicked finish and no sticking in task manager and no error!)

Will keep you posted. Since everything was fine for the first 3-4 torrents after installing 0.3.12.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:51 pm 
Okay, i was going to take a screen shot or something, but i cant because for some odd reason it didnt crash this one time, thats the first time it didnt give me a crash, but usually after it crashes and pops up that error message and i click it away.

If check with process explorer ( from www.sysinternals.com ) I can see the process is still stuck in the background with a dr watson process attached onto it as a child process, yet i cant see any dr watson debugging screens popping up. I hadnt rebooted in a few day, and last night i saw a dozen of these hung processes for btdownloadgui with out windows each with a dr watson hanging onto it, running win2k latest updates, etc etc..

next time i see it ill see what info i can grab from the process.

kan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:32 pm 
bfehr here, again.

Deleted the Bittornado directory in Program files. Allowed me to get 1 torrent w/o crashing on finish. It crashed on the next 2. I did not minimize them but do have the option set.

For my next attempt, I'm going to delete the bittornado directory from Program files and under my user account in Documents and Settings.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next