the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Zone alarm 5 fix...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:38 pm 
OK, so I reconfiged my firewall for za and it seems to be running ok. Please try this config and tell me what results you get.

Open ZA and click on firewall > expert
Look to the botom left and click "Add"
Enter Name "Bit Tornado" or whatever u like
Under "Source" click Modify and change setting to "Internet Zone"
And make sure "Desination" and "Time" is set to Any

This is the hard part...
For "Protocol" click modify
For Protocol select TCP
For Name type "Bit Tornado" or any name you desire
Desintation Port select other and look to the left of that and it should read "any" Change "any" to 6893-6993 (the usual BT ports or whatever ports that your BT is set) ***Note you must type this in manually***
Do the same step for "Souce Port" 6893-6993 ***Note you must type this in manually***

Finally, click on main and save the changes.

If this works then tell me. If not then tell me if u figured out some other way... Don't tell me to uninstall ZA... Anyhow GL
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:23 pm 
my bt froze,
so I guess I'll try another config... I changed the protocol from only tcp to tcp and udp...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:04 pm 
still didn't work
seigh, any one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:31 pm 
So another thing I realized....

I saw that the firewall was blocking the BT ports and hence it caused the bt to freeze. So here is another thing I tired

Click on Firewall > Main
Under the "Internet Security" click custom

Then there should be alist of stuff that says "allow...."
Under High Security Setting find
"Allow outgoing TCP ports" click that and type in the ports 6883-6993 or whatever port your BT is on
Do the same for " Allow incoming TCP Ports"

I think this will slove it.
So my final setting for ZA is the thing I did for expert using TCP and this step. I hope everything will work. Best of luck!!

Hummm so far I'm getting faster k.b so I hope these settings will work for u too.

Please post your experence with this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:59 pm 
Ok, soo TCP and UDP needs to both be set....

I did only TCP and it still froze. Now I'm running both. I'll be back in a few days to comfirm if everything runs fine. BT only chokes when u run more than 4 torrents at once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:14 pm 
I think this will be my last post for today.

I found that ZA still logs the bt ports and that causes the program to hault. So the last move I did today was that I went to program control > programs and find bit tornado. Then right click and click options. Next click on expert and do the same thing as I mention on the first post. Humm I'm getting tired of ZA...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:28 am 

:o I'm using ZA no problem.When I first installed I gave BT the OK to act as a server. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:22 am 
Err... Mason you have that set up wrong. The way you have it is that you can't recieve connections from people who are using custom ports.

FYI, ZA Pro is terrible for custom rules. If you understand basic TCP/IP then I suggest you get a real rule based firewall instead of messing with ZA. ZA is geared toward noobs who don't know anything about security, hence, the reasoning behind the application based approach. If you are willing to spend some time learning to configure rules, get Kerio (the old version 2.x is better in my opinion since the newer 4.x versions still have bugs that have never been worked out) or Agnitum's Outpost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:02 am 
Humm, I see what u mean, lol, I might jsut switch. THanks for the info

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:17 am 
Nice article I found on this website.. thanks for the info. hydroderm womens shoes ink cartridges area rugs shoes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:40 pm 

I feel like this and I suggest you get a real rule based firewall instead of messing with geared toward noobs who don't know anything about security, hence, the reasoning behind the application based approach

Post subject: Zone alarm 5 fix
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:11 pm 

I had a problem today getting online, rang Virgin and they asked what firewall I use - Zonealarm. Apparently the latest windows security update doesnt like it and internet access is disabled, no fix yet for zone alarm.

Anyway, should I use windows firewall or another? Or dont I need one at all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:22 pm 

Use the windows one.

The true fix for zonealarm is to uninstall it and never use it again.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]