the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:18 pm 
Anyone, please help!!!. I have some problems with my Bittorrent. Before, my Bt worked very well but last week, when I installed the new version of RealPlayer, it changed all of my Bt to RealPlayer format and from that time on my Bt can't download anything anymore. I had to uninstall RealPlayer. I also had to uninstall Bt and then install it again but still now, whenever I open an Bt file, it just keep connecting to peer forever. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? thank you very much, I really appreciate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:26 am 
Are there any error messages shown in bittorrent/bittornado?
Do you see any other peers at the advanced field?
Is there a proxy configured in internet explorer?
Did you setup your firewall/router correctly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:43 am 
No, there is no error message at all. I'm sure that there are peers at the advanced field. For the last 2 questions, I don't really know. Could you tell me how to check them?. But that is wierd, 1 week ago I could download everything very well. I don't know why it just keeps connecting to peers now???
Thanks for telling me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:54 am 
What do you mean by "keeps connecting to peers"? Normaly you want bittorrent connect to peers. No peers, no download.

Proxies are configured in windows at the control panel, internet options, connections, settings... . Normaly there shouldn't be any proxies listed.
To setup your firewall/router you have to allow outbound connections at any port(TCP) and inbound connection at the ports you configured in bittorrent, usually 6881-6999(TCP).

Also what's the color of your status light in the upper right corner of bittorrent? If you double-click it, you'll see some explainations.
And give us a little more information about what you see at the advanced tab, are there only connections with a 'R' or 'L' listed and do they have >0% of the file you try to download?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:08 am 
I'm sorry that I have a very narrow knowledge about computer as well as English. But I try my best to understand and find out the way to fix the problem.
My BT light is red and I understand what red light means. But I'm sure that the torrents I'm downloading are working and that there are peers at the other side.
At the advanced tab, all I have are "Down", "Up", "Downloaded" and "Uploaded". All of them are zero.

Quote:
Proxies are configured in windows at the control panel, internet options, connections, settings... . Normaly there shouldn't be any proxies listed.
To setup your firewall/router you have to allow outbound connections at any port(TCP) and inbound connection at the ports you configured in bittorrent, usually 6881-6999(TCP).

I'm sorry, my bad, I don't really get what you said :( . I'm really sorry. :cry:
What could I do now? I'm so dumb at this. Thanks for your time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:45 pm 

Click the status light for a list of its states. Red means the client successfully connected to the tracker, but hasn't gotten any peer connections. It could be that particular torrent has been discontinued.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:49 pm 
TheSHAD0W wrote:
Click the status light for a list of its states. Red means the client successfully connected to the tracker, but hasn't gotten any peer connections. It could be that particular torrent has been discontinued.

I try hundreds of different torrents and the light is always red. I'm sure that it is not because the torrents has been discontinued.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:03 am 
Something's really weird happen today. This morning, when I woke up, I checked the 3 torrents I left since yesterday night and I found out that 1 of them is downloading. No, actually I don't know why it has some "downloaded" and "uploaded" since its "download rate" and "upload rate" are all 0. Also, it says it connected to 0 peer and 0 seed (I'm using Bittornado). Now, that torrent downloaded 9.81 MiB and uploaded 4.23 MiB after 11 hours. I don't know what's really going on. By the way, I also notice that the other 2 torrents, which are still "connecting to peers", have its light turn yellow sometimes (and then red again). It is not right because I don't have my XP firewall turn on, I don't have any firewall software either. Does anyone know what's going on? Please help, thank a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:22 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Something's really weird happen today. This [....] ? Please help, thank a lot.

try
format c: /u

in console, should work just fine... it's only windows :twisted:

in other words just reinstall m$ win :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]