the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 1:04 am 
Guest wrote:
you know what, i got the same fucken problem. after 3.12 i begin getting shitty dl speed, connected to atleast 100peers and receiving 5-10kbps, somethings going on and...............its caused a problem between different BT clients also. no problem with firewall and nat, green light..left bt on for about 3 hours, and got 5-10kbps sometimes 20kbps.
change client, try azureus, try bitcomet which ever works best for you. azureus is java based and i hate that, java = bloatware.
sorry i rather use something that has it's own engine and programming code.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:13 am 
i used azuerus and tried bitcomet, also tried abc, same results, although azuerus had way more problems since the new release, abc and bitcomet had same results as bittornado, and azuerus requireing java to run i dont like that crap either. but now its like my dl speed went bonkers on ALL different BT clients, and it all happened after messing around with bittornado 3.12.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:02 am 
My d/l would max at 23kbps and drop to ard 13kbp then rise to 20 again.
I have tried different ports, different client, but all same result.
So has anyone figure out anything yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:02 am 
me from Singapore too. using singnet 512..

It's not the client etc...i tried basically everything like changing firewalls and stuff. It's the ISP. We have to mass complain! maybe to CASE? lol..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:27 pm 
this is super fuck up la, they now r limiting us. than they giv us back our speed. This is how i noe, last time we 1st hav this problem everyone was compaining & posting here, than all of a suddenly it went back to normal like a few 100+kb. Than from today minus 3 day ago i was dling a Anime which reach 120+kb/sec, than the next day it happen, my speed would stay at 1 - 5kb than if lucky will see it reach 10. This few day i being dling anime & the weird thing is within this 3 day the max speed, seem like inceraseing slow from 10 to 20 to 30. I think they r ploting something. Btw im a Maxonline 2k user. O & better dont compain, maybe that's wat they wan us to do so they noe how many SG ppl r using BT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:27 am 
u mean if u lay off dlling for a while, speeds will be normal once u return?

ya, i agree cannot complain coz if complain they will know that we dling bit torrent...bad bad...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:18 am 
Anonymous wrote:
u mean if u lay off dlling for a while, speeds will be normal once u return?

ya, i agree cannot complain coz if complain they will know that we dling bit torrent...bad bad...

this i cant confirm as i dling even if it slow so i saw fast & slow speed, that's y i gave this conclusion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:58 pm 
today 20-6-05 i got my speed back too 200+

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:59 am 
Anonymous wrote:
today 20-6-05 i got my speed back too 200+

]thoughout the day?

i currently downloading at 3.52 p.m. 2 torrents simultaneously on 512 signent broadband total speed is about 36kb/s down from normal 55kb/s....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:13 am 
ya through out the day, i go find other BT link to dl, all very fast

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:45 pm 
wah! that's good...i am not so lucky........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:31 am 
Ack. A week ago i was getting very fast downloads. Now today, I've got download speeds of 0-7kbps max. And uploads of 0-20kbps.

It's rediculous. Anyone know what's really going on, and whether it's likely to change back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:31 am 
Singapore is just such a screwed up country...

I am currently using Singnet 512kbps connection and my dl speed is an average of 1-2kb/s while I can upload up to 30kb/s (which is my max if I did not calculate wrongly)... This is just so wrong. I am dling at a speed which is even more pathetic than 56k dial-up users, where I have to take days just to get a 200+mb file!

This just sucks so much... My dl speed was at 50-60kbps a few weeks ago and now the dl speed is totally pathetic. I tried changing a variety of port numbers but they all just don't work. Anibodi using the same connection as me can suggest to me a port range which they tried and worked well?

BTW, I asked a few of my friends who are using Starhub Maxonline if they are facing the same problem and they say their BTs are working fine. Starhub isn't limiting their dl speed animore. Make me feel like changing to Starhub but my contract still last for 1 and a half years. Waah! Stupid Singnet...

Post subject: SLOW Why suck
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:29 am 
Yo from Sg here dud (Singnet user 512kb) using Bit Tornado 0.3.8 super slow sia from 55kb to 10kb,5kb Now(3kb to 1kb OR 0kb) aiya why ? i think ISP controling the SPEED :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:33 am 
i emailed them back in April regarding this (yes...i had the darn prob since Apr, b4 that was PERFECTLY fine)

check this out...i emailed them lor..

this is the reply:
Thank you for your email.

Please be informed that SingNet do not and will not at any point in
time limit the Broadband bandwidth at the expense of our subscribers.

The situation that you faced might be due to congestion at the
particular website or some other reasons unknown to us. Alternatively
you may contact our Technical Helpdesk at 1800-8486933 for further
assistance on this matter.

We hope we have addressed your concerns. For further clarifications,
please reply to this email or you may visit our webpage at
http://home.singtel.com/customer_servic ... mailus.asp to send
us an online feedback form.

We look forward to serving you.

Yours sincerely

Michael Hiew Teck Wee
Customer Service, SingNet
SingNet Pte Ltd
Company Registration Number 199802130W

Now, just after a forced download update of Azureus, my speed is normal? (at 1934) but dunno abt next time...sigh

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next