the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:15 pm 
I have been searching the forum for this answer but I can't find it so Ill just put it ou in the open.

If you have a slow upload speed, will that make your download speed slow too???

I upload about 20-25 kbs but my download is like 10-15 kbs....

ALso if I don't upload anything, will that affect my do0wnload speed asl well???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:05 pm 
hi,

you need to be careful about saturating your connection by uploading too much. you should limit your upload speed to 80% of your upload bandwidth.

good luck,

scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:19 pm 
When you upload to a peer at good speeds, you also get prefered to download from that peer.
But your download speed also depends on other things like number of peers you are connected to, if there are many seeders, the upload speeds of the peers/seeders etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:56 pm 
wats a good upload speed for cable then???
I set my upload to about 35 kb/s but then my whole network pretty much lags down...
So right now its at 5 kb/s...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:30 am 
i think it does affect the download speed...
having a 384kbps connection, i set my upload to the minimum, 3kBps and get a 38kBps (optimum, but not constant; 32-35kBps usually). if you want to contribute, i suggest you change your upload limit after you're done with the download.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:22 am 
As scott451 posted, 80% of your upload bandwidth should be ok, but you may try lower settings to find your optimal speeds.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]