the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 4:51 pm 

Okay, in fear that this message be replied with some link to some useless FAQ, I don't want to be told that the "Problem connecting to tracker > connection refused" error occurs when the tracker is busy.

I have just installed BitTornado because of a tracker telling me it used a newer protocol and to update my client.

Now, every single torrent I download gives me a 'connection refused'. I've tried ones from different sites, different trackers, big ones, small ones, random ones....it's as if every torrent in existence is too busy.

I havn't found any reference to this problem so how come no one's getting this problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:04 pm 

hmm. Try this...Click "Details," then copy the "announce URL" and paste it into your web browser's address bar and hit enter. Does it load anything? If so, what does it say? Does your web browser also say "connection refused" or something similar?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:04 am 
You might be banned, maybe your current IP is in a widely used list of bad IP's ?

Click "details" and look for the name of the tracker your client is using.
Visit their site and check are you a registered member. Try to DL something from the site and don't ever read the FAQ's they are useless crap, theres only some information :)

Change the port range BT uses just to see if your ISP is blocking your client.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:35 am 
In Bittornado go to Prefs, Advanced - the first two fields should list no IPs.
Check your Internet Proxy Settings (windows control panel, internet options).
If you are using a firewall/router you have to allow outgoing connections, the port depends on the tracker used, so allow for any port.

The ports that you configure in bittornado are used to communicate with other peers (listening ports), but the error comes from the tracker that uses a differently port (even port 80 can be used).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:06 pm 

I have a feeling it wasn't a ban on my IP...this problem started the moment I replaced Shadow's Experimental with BitTornado.

No settings were changed, my ports remain open from when I did it a long time ago, nothing changed except the client version.

I've even tried a number of other clients, all giving the same problem since that dreaded install took place.

This is not the BitTorrent I once knew.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 10:26 am 
i get that message too, but my downloads seem to work anyway.

Post subject: Who Knows?
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 7:38 pm 
Funny thing, I am actually having the same problem, but I installed Bittornado weeks ago and had no problems with it. Now, this has changed and it has become very difficult for me to reach the trackers; I see 3 posibilities:

A) Bittornado is a troyan horse or have some timer - not very likely at all.
B) The RIAA and/or Hollywood are shutting down every tracker, or directing DoS attacks on them - likely
C) Both, you and me are using the same Internet Provider, and the later is blocking the ports.

Well...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]