the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:39 pm 
yo 'The' SHADOW.

you might remember that i sent an email to you a little while ago, however as i have received no responce i thought i would post a message up here. I have read throgh your FAQ and look through the massge board but i cant find an answer to my question.

when i am downloading multaible files, say a whole serise of something. even if i have downloaded most of the serise 85% or so i can not watch any of the episodes. i have to wait untill the whole thing has downloaded.
This is extreamly anoying. i have tryed a number of things to get around this. but i dont seam to be getting any where.
i just end up with a file that wont play. if i wait untill the serise says 100% then of course i can watch them all. please please please write a fix for this very anoying problem.

allso please forgive my slopying typing/spelling (I HATE LAPTOP KEYBOARDS !!!!)

thanks very much. if any one out there can provide me with a way to watch my files i know have comepleded, but for some reason i cant watch them untill i have downloaed all the other files, then i would be very greafull and may even replay with a smiley :twisted:

F][erceDe][ty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:54 pm 

http://bittornado.com/faq.html
"I stopped the download and tried a file, but it was scrambled."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:44 pm 
If you have multiple files in a torrent and want to use the files that are 100%, just hit finish allocation at the details or advanced window. The icon of the completed files should now turn green and you can use them.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:48 pm 
... ?

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 3:17 am 
fiercedeity wrote:
... ?

Is that a question or morse code ?

Post subject: no... 2 above
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 4:30 am 
Quote:
Is that a question or morse code ?

check the post title

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 6:14 am 
fiercedeity wrote:
if i do a finish allocation, my download will continue right ?

Yes, it only allocates disk space and places the already downloaded parts in the right spots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:05 am 
i did a finish alocation and it seams to crash bit torrent, i get no responce from it and it stops updateing. i left it for a while but nothing changed. i had to kill the client, but it left the process running. are there any issues when you do a finish allocate if your total torrent is over 50Gig (yes thats right 50Gig) I have about 75% complete. Should i leave the client for much longer ...??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:07 am 

Prefs/Advanced/set Allocation rate to 1. Then try finishing allocation again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:50 pm 
50Gig :shock: , I think you will need some hours to allocate that amount of data with that rate, even if you have 75% finished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 6:02 pm 

Try a Search on AVI Preview
It works on any not completed AVI video. it goes till there is a hole in the data that you have downloaded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:52 am 
WAveOfFire wrote:
Try a Search on AVI Preview
It works on any not completed AVI video. it goes till there is a hole in the data that you have downloaded

This will not work correctly. If you don't use preallocation or finish allocation, the part's of the download don't have to be in the right order. Also the files are locked until they are really finished or you close bittornado (you can change file locking in bittornado prefs).

Another good preview tool is Video Lan Client, unlike avipreview, you don't have to create a new file for the preview.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]