the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:02 pm 
I only use it rarely when forced to use it cause some few moron think it is the coolest. KAA anime fansub bans bitcomet cause there torrent sucks, so who cares? When you force people to use bittornado exclusively, not many are going to be downloading from it.
#1 azureus
#2 bitcomet
#3 bittornado

why do some perfer bittornado, it lacks any convenient whatsoever and it's such a PITA to keep track of what torrent you downloaded or try to resume. No GUI as of yet? shadow would be smart to save every torrent downloaded in bittornado directory at least you don't have to go back to the website to try to resume it due to constant freezeup or fuckup due to this bug ridden client that evolved from experimental client.

Downloading with bittornado is not faster then other clients, it's a memory hogger sucking up all my 512mb of ram in less 30min. When this happen my computer lags like shit and freeze up my download every freaking time. Probably slowly dieing as more wise users switch to azureus, bitcomet or other client that is GUI driven!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:24 am 

Quote:
KAA anime fansub bans bitcomet cause there torrent sucks, so who cares?

I don't trust KAA that much anyway. After all, they have used WMV as the video stream in some of their releases. NO OTHER GROUP has used WMV for a release outside of raws.

Quote:
it lacks any convenient whatsoever and it's such a PITA to keep track of what torrent you downloaded or try to resume

lacks any what?
I'm sorry but I can't really understand that.

Quote:
No GUI as of yet? shadow would be smart to save every torrent downloaded in bittornado directory at least you don't have to go back to the website to try to resume it due to constant freezeup or fuckup due to this bug ridden client that evolved from experimental client.

Have you been reporting bugs and/or fixes to TheSHAD0W or just complaining about them to your friends? If you haven't been reporting them, they will NEVER get fixed.

Quote:
Downloading with bittornado is not faster then other clients, it's a memory hogger sucking up all my 512mb of ram in less 30min. When this happen my computer lags like shit and freeze up my download every freaking time. Probably slowly dieing as more wise users switch to azureus, bitcomet or other client that is GUI driven!!!

Azureus has actually frozen my dual processor system.
BitTornado and clients based on it have NOT.
You've probably set something wrong if it's doing things like this to your system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:09 am 
When i tried to use azureus a long time ago, it took a freakishly long time to load. Also a GUI only makes it easier for people used to kazaa and other clients to use bittorrent. But still i prefer bittornado cause u just double click the file.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:10 am 
Anonymous wrote:
I only use it rarely when forced to use it cause some few moron think it is the coolest. KAA anime fansub bans bitcomet cause there torrent sucks, so who cares? When you force people to use bittornado exclusively, not many are going to be downloading from it.
#1 azureus
#2 bitcomet
#3 bittornado

why do some perfer bittornado, it lacks any convenient whatsoever and it's such a PITA to keep track of what torrent you downloaded or try to resume. No GUI as of yet? shadow would be smart to save every torrent downloaded in bittornado directory at least you don't have to go back to the website to try to resume it due to constant freezeup or fuckup due to this bug ridden client that evolved from experimental client.

if you say so

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:27 am 
Anonymous wrote:
#1 azureus
#2 bitcomet
#3 bittornado

#1 azureus =java based crap not secure

#2 bitcomet= pile of shit like bitlord and other leaching crap90% why bt is slow as hell
#3 bittornado= top class amazing skill speed cleer smooth
lmfao

so there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:51 pm 
I'm currently downloading a torrent with BitTornado and its only using 8mb of Ram so i can't understand why you have issues.

Can't see the problem with resuming either, just save the torrent file saved to your harddrive till your done.

I've been testing a few clients thoroughly recently and i have to say BitComet is slower than BitTornado for me. I've never been able to max out my connection using BitComet yet, and believe me, i've tried...

Only problems i have with BitTornado is i have problems connecting to some torrents. Sometimes it takes as long as 20 minutes, other times it doesn't connect at all(something thats becoming more frequent of late :(). In those instances i usually end up using BitComet which doesn't seem to have any problems connecting at all. Thats one of the only advantages i find BitComet has over BitTornado.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:44 am 
Anonymous wrote:
#1 azureus
#2 bitcomet
#3 bittornado

You are not making any sense at all here. Bittornado belongs to the pioneer version of Bittorrent clients while the rest are at least 3rd/4th generation evolutions. We are talking about a long abandoned project that does not even have basic queue management.

The only reason why Bittornado is even around these days is that somehow the client has developed a small number of irrational cult followers. They condem the newer clients out there and hang on to the desperate hope that this project is still alive. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:13 am 

Italicus wrote:
You are not making any sense at all here. Bittornado belongs to the pioneer version of Bittorrent clients while the rest are at least 3rd/4th generation evolutions. We are talking about a long abandoned project that does not even have basic queue management.

The only reason why Bittornado is even around these days is that somehow the client has developed a small number of irrational cult followers. They condem the newer clients out there and hang on to the desperate hope that this project is still alive. :lol:

TheSHAD0W is releasing T0.3.14 today.
It's not dead, It's not abandoned.

There is no "desperate hope that the project is still alive" because the project IS still alive, contrary to what you might think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:11 pm 
The thing i like about bittornado.. it starts slow.. but after like a few minutes.. it always runs at top speed (and almost never goes down with the speed when it reach topspeed).. i cant say that about other bittorrent clients :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:35 pm 
I wanted to switch, but I don't download much so I am sticking with bit tornado.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:23 pm 
I would stick with BitTornado if Shadow actually found out how to fix the thing... it's hard to stay with BitTornado 0.3.10 with the downgraded python for much longer because it's not getting the asian character torrents right.... the newer versions have that annoying undead process... and slower speeds and yellow light... oh well... been using UTorrent recently.. it's totally amazing... it uses 1 port... 1 port! and 11+torrents at only a bit over 4mb! it really stays in it's advertised 4mb range!... most of the time .....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:01 pm 
ive been using bittornado ever since i stumbled upon it, used a couple others but like this one the most, just kicks ass

Post subject: Just my 2 cents
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:55 am 
keeping track of what torrent you downloaded or trying to resume, umm I know this one cool trick, try right clicking then save. And to resume, well click resume. Wait that sounds to simple, Lightbulb, oh my god it is that simple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:48 pm 
I've tried almost every BT client that exists. I can't download with any other the way I can with bittornado. I'm not missing any options either. I'm not downloading 10 torrents simultaneously, so there is no problem at all. The last client I tried for some time was utorrent, it didn't work out, for several reasons. So I'm still using bittornado AGAIN, without any problems.

The only reason I see to NOT use bittornado, is for users who desperately need a client, which automatically resumes torrents once another is finished and so on.

Also, coming to the bittornado page, to tell that you don't like it, is just plain stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:09 pm 
I use BitTornado because it's so simple. Azureus takes forever to boot-up

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next