the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:11 am 
Hi ppl, just a off topic, i am just wondering why isn't anyone mentioning about switching to utorrent, when the file size is so small and memory usage is also very little.

There is simply not much i can say about utorrent since it has a competant GUI, memory usage and small filesize. Why makes ya ppl still continue with bittornado when there are now better alternatives to this?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:55 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Hi ppl, just a off topic, i am just wondering why isn't anyone mentioning about switching to utorrent, when the file size is so small and memory usage is also very little.

There is simply not much i can say about utorrent since it has a competant GUI, memory usage and small filesize. Why makes ya ppl still continue with bittornado when there are now better alternatives to this?

Thanks.

Hahahahaha. Again, why do you come to the bittornado page to tell us that you don't use it? :roll: Shouldn't you just be happy then with utorrent and live your life? :evil:

utorrent is indeed a nice client. But is has some drawbacks. bittornado starts downloading, and gets faster and faster until it reaches the maximum line speed or the maximum torrent speed and it holds this speed until the download is finished. utorrent can go up to max line speed, but it never keeps it up. It reduces the speed again. It's simply fluctuating. Also, with very fast lines, utorrent never reaches their maximum, for some reason it can't utilize them while bittornado still increases speed. Thus, with utorrent, it simply takes longer to finish a download. So, for single torrent downloads bittornado is a very good choice. Maybe utorrent and other clients will get better. We will see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:13 am 
Yeah! fCUk python sIHt!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:13 am 
OMG wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Thanks.

Hahahahaha. Again, why do you come to the bittornado page to tell us that you don't use it? :roll: Shouldn't you just be happy then with utorrent and live your life? :evil:

utorrent is indeed a nice client. But is has some drawbacks. bittornado starts downloading, and gets faster and faster until it reaches the maximum line speed or the maximum torrent speed and it holds this speed until the download is finished. utorrent can go up to max line speed, but it never keeps it up. It reduces the speed again. It's simply fluctuating. Also, with very fast lines, utorrent never reaches their maximum, for some reason it can't utilize them while bittornado still increases speed. Thus, with utorrent, it simply takes longer to finish a download. So, for single torrent downloads bittornado is a very good choice. Maybe utorrent and other clients will get better. We will see.

Thanks for the explanation. Is that the case for everyone who uses utorrent and bittornado? I was using bitornado all along until utorrent came along.

I was attracted to it's filesize and low memory usage, which made me converted to utorrent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:01 am 
i didn't try utorrent, but i'm not interested because of the quality provided by bittornado.

if anyone wants to advertise other clients then do it in thier respective forums.

on a different subject, did i spell "thier" right? :)

Post subject: bla bla bla
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:08 pm 
There are always hataz, this dude probably downloaded the bogus version of a bogus site. I find bittornado uses no cpu, v. little memory and gives maximum download speed. Its the Jordan of clients. Holla.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:12 am 
Have to say, I tried Azeureus and it's not very good - it's slow and unstable, freezes, slows the system down.

Bittornado is miles better - you just have to learn how to use it and get the settings right.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:09 am 
Apart from udp tracker compatibility, the only problem with Bittornado is its selective download method, really buggy, download every piece and just don't save the unselected file pieces... If it is fixed, Bittornado is to be the BEST!!! Stable, Intelligent & Open-source :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:09 pm 
I've used BitTornado for almost two years now with very few problems.

Prompted by comments here I thought I would try out uTorrent. I installed it on an identical machine with a totally separate DSL connection to my normal machine. Both connections run out at about 5.8Mbits/sec.

uTorrent has a more pleasing GUI and certainly installs and runs compactly enough.

BitTornado however just blitzed it for speed. On one well populated torrent that I had both machines connected to at the same time, uT maxed out at about 30kb/sec (bytes/sec) and the rate kept rising and falling dramatically, whereas BT rose to 200kb/sec and stayed there for the whole torrent save the last 0.5%.

A remarkable difference and a tribute to Shadow's orginal ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:39 pm 
the layout and interface of bittornado is simple and i love it.
problem is that it doesnt support torrents other than english... which leads me to use bitcomet.

i stopped using it since i started using ABC and BitComet and uTorrent.

but definitely bittornado is great overall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:42 pm 
how fast you download is dependent on peer upload speed, how many you are able to connect to. saying bittornado is faster then other client is the same as saying AMD is faster then Intel regardless when they are equal in speed in most cases. which client you use is more of a preference rather then which is best. There is no best. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:34 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
how fast you download is dependent on peer upload speed, how many you are able to connect to. saying bittornado is faster then other client is the same as saying AMD is faster then Intel regardless when they are equal in speed in most cases. which client you use is more of a preference rather then which is best. There is no best. :D

The last guy who posted that connected both simultaneously to the same tracker for the same file...

As far as I go, BitTornado is my client of choice because it uses no CPU at all, because it's blazingly fast, because it's damn stable and because I don't have issues with the memory consumption due to the wxPython interface.

I more or less permanently have between 2 and 15 BT sessions up (yes, fills the tray bar a lot).

I appreciate the lean, pure and functional interface without any bells and whistle (it does it's job period), the simplicity of the resuming (just re-launch the torrent, BitTornado finds your old files and resumes, no pain, only gain).

I never dug fully integrated clients such as ABC or (worse) Azureus, give me a tool that can reliably, easily and rapidly download my torrents, that allows me to set quotas however I want, that give me instant resumes, and I'm happy. And BitTornado gives me that.

Post subject: Whatever
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:56 pm 
Listen up girlie man.... even my GIRLFRIEND prefers bittornado over that other crap.

If you don't like it DON'T USE IT!!!

AND STFU!

:)

IMHO.

H

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:21 am 
Make sure your girlfriend don't get pregnant when you're horny as hell. Remember population reduction is in progress whether you like it or not. You're just bringing more people to sufffer in this fucked up world. You can never bring true happiness in life, you can betend to be happy but I guaranteed you'll be sad as anyone else due to overpopulation, lack of resources. Have a nice day, you little horny fucker who can't restraint yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:30 am 
...says the guy who's never been laid and is insanely jealous that people might have fun fucking...

...move out of china already.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next