the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: My torrents all stoped
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:47 pm 
My torrents were working just fine then an error came up saying

Problem connecting to tracker -<urlopen error(10060, 'Operation timed out')>

:( can you plz help me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:39 pm 
Tracker problem? Try later?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:27 pm 
are you using your connection at home or at work?

if at home, then call your isp to reset your modem. Also check to see if they have you listed as a spammer or a bandwidth hog.

if you are at home and have a router, try reseting the modem first and then the router.

If you are at work, that someone put a block on torrents...ask the admin to confirm.

Post subject: Not you or your CPU
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:25 am 
I had the same problem. It would appear that a simple restart does not fix this problem. It has to be a manual safe shut down of the syatem. Press and hold your power button on the front of the case and wait for it to shut down. Wait a couple min and restart the whole thing. It should work again. This is a commonn problem with this latest version of Bittornado. It cloges ther artery once in a while for no reason and only a shut down and restart up will fix it.(DO NOT DO A REINSTALL) Not sure why but I'm sure it has to do with the error messages it gives out once oin a while when you shut down the client as well. Be ashamed Shadow. Be Very very Ashamed. tsk tsk tsk. Should have stuck with Az. Oh well I know better now.
If you look around you will notice people talking about their DL freezing and all that. IT IS NOT A VIRUS!!! It is Bittonado clashing with an update from MS (or so they say). Go somewhere else. Get another client. I was loyal too once. As of today.......not anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:13 pm 
why are most of us downloading so slow? well here's the reason:
who the hell wants to pay for anything??? if you can get it for free, why not? paper money sucks, credit sucks. its all an illusion to make us think it has value. money is evil, money owns us all. money pawns us like we're a property of those who controls it. those who controls money, controls us. we need to put a stop to it, we need reforms. why make a few filthy stinking rich when all can be just as wealthy if we would all share?
capitalism sucks. communism never existed it was a misused terminology to boost their egos, to make capitalism grow stronger but at the expense of hard working Americans. i rather the most wealthy individuals give up their wealth so the rest can benefit as well, why be so selfish and self-centered?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:15 pm 
Have you set connection max in BitTornado too high?

Are you using an unpatched Win XP SP2 which is limited to only 10 max half-open connections? If it consistantly overloads, speeds in BitTornado WILL SUCK and timeouts will be COMMON.

...and there's always potential viruses and spyware crippling your computer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:08 pm 
Don't call your damned ISP to reset your router.. If everyone took that advice, they'd have to raise the price to pay for extra techs to handle idiots who can't fix their own connection problem.

At LEAST try unplugging the power to it for a couple minutes first. Call support last!

Post subject: other fixes?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:18 am 
I just had the same thing happen after d/l'ing the newest version of BT, only used it for a few days and d/l'ed a few torrents before the error started. I'm really wondering if there is any other fix than a hard shutdown as mentioned previously, as I'd rather not do that to my system every few days. Anyone figure out whats causing this or what else gets rid of the errors? This seems to be happening quite a bit by the amount of posts on the same thing in the forum, and probably needs a fix in the next version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:34 pm 
Just an update for reference, BT worked just fine on another network connection after this happened. All I did was shut down the comp for the trip, so I'm unsure if it was the time the comp spent powered off, or just the new connection that was the solution. I'm not sure if the program was the cause anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:42 am 
god damn noob!!! try spending sometime to fix it yourself before you ask others for help. no one has this much free time to help an idiot who can't even make right from wrong. use common sense, fool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:13 pm 
You fail for contributing nothing but an idiotic n00bish comment to this thread, probably to make yourself feel less like the n00b you are. Now GTFO, n00b.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]