the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 4:41 pm 
Sometimes, when I clicked on finish, the process still remains when i checked my task manager. Is it due to some bug or some memory problems?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 8:26 pm 

This is a known issue. It's supposed to stay in memory for as long as 60 seconds; if it stays longer, feel free to kill it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:35 am 
Windows need a bit (much) time to close the torrent because windows have to clean your memory an a torrent need about 26 MB (for me) That's a lot!!. So when clsong a torrent have a bit patience and it will disappear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 8:32 am 

No, it's not that; it's trying to be nice and re-contact the tracker and tell it you're done. Among other things, it stops you from getting more connection requests.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:18 am 

Process tended to have trouble getting killed if the process have been running for more than 21hours; with diskcaching either on or off. I kept 7 active BT clients. But I ended up with 16 btdownloadgui.exe processes for the past 4 days without restarting the computer. I have 0.2.0 and 0.3.1 running on 2 different computers. Both experienced the same issue. I didn't noticed the problem until windows popped up a message saying low on resourses. Perhaps need a further investigation on this issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:40 am 

Oh, I know what the issue is. Unfortunately, the solution requires a major library to be rewritten. I'm in the process of doing just that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]