the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:04 pm 
ERROR (time..)
got bad file info - path disallowed for security reasons

I got the following problem, when tried to download a torrent. I suppose the problem is hidden in the fact that there are some empty directories in the torrent. I checked the regular expression in .../BitTornado/BT1/btformats.py (debian unstable distribution, version .13) but it looked too much obfuscated to me (like any other regexp that is not written by me). Further it is used to check 2 things in check_info().

The torrent itself is OK, and as other bittorrent programs can download it, I think bittornado should also do it.

I don't know if this is the right place to report something like that, but it looked like being such.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:01 am 
Anonymous wrote:
ERROR (time..)
got bad file info - path disallowed for security reasons

I got the following problem, when tried to download a torrent. I suppose the problem is hidden in the fact that there are some empty directories in the torrent. I checked the regular expression in .../BitTornado/BT1/btformats.py (debian unstable distribution, version .13) but it looked too much obfuscated to me (like any other regexp that is not written by me). Further it is used to check 2 things in check_info().

The torrent itself is OK, and as other bittorrent programs can download it, I think bittornado should also do it.

I don't know if this is the right place to report something like that, but it looked like being such.

Post subject: underlying cause
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:36 am 
this error occurs if the torrent has a file in it with an invalid file name.
because bittorrent has no way of listing an empty directory in its file format, some clients, such as BitComet, use a 0 byte file with no name as a place holder. as this is not part of the standard (AFAIK) bittornado and bittorrent crap out trying to create a file called ''
currently fighting with one of these right now. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:26 am 
Have been getting the same error message lately quite often :(
The same torrents work just fine with utorrent though....
I wish there was a way to fix that 'cos I'm pretty used to Bittornado and I wouldn't like to swap it for any other client.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:34 am 
original bittorrent, bittornado, rtorrent, ktorrent, and qtorrent all have problems with these non-standard torrent files (although I have heard reports that the latest original bt now ignores the bad file entry)
azureus and bitcomet, and utorrent, as you have said, seem to use them OK.
I love standards, I really do. I love them even better when people follow them. :( such is life, I suppose

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]