the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:17 am 
hey guys,
I use BIt tornado version 0.3.7.
Being a good fellow I was seeding some torrent today, this torrent was composed of one 700MB Avi file and some smaller files of pictures, most of those pictures i deleted since i did not want them on my pc, when i seeded the torrent Bit Tornado obviously tried to redownload those pictures to make the torrent complete, i entered the "details" option and marked everything as "never download" (thinking i will only seed the big AVI file which was on my pc), after a while i noticed that im not uploading anything although the bar was obviously 95% green, i enterd the folder where the files were kept and to my amaze all the files were GONE!!!!!!!!!!! im realy pissed, every attemt to find those files has failed, and they werent in the recycle bin either, WHAT THE HELL happend to them?!?!?!?!??!?! I cant afford myself to download it again, but why did Bit Tornado deleted them without a warning or something?!?!?!!?! could it still be recovered some how!?!?
please help!
thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:47 pm 
yeah, bittornado deletes the files set to never download. which is obviously not right... but the logic isn't so bad - i mean if you don't want to download it then you clearly don't want it right?

you're mistake was to set the .avi to "never download", why did you do that?

Post subject: thanks.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:01 am 
thank u man,
i appreciate it,
apparently i shouldnt have chosen "never download", ill be more careful next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:20 pm 
I just did exactly the same thing, lost 8x180mb movies. Im so devistated. Although, I heard somewhere that you can somehow regain these lost files?

Also, I set the files id already downloaded onto 'never download' and it deleted them, wtf? Also, if it deletes them, why not at least delete them to recycle? sigh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:14 am 
one of the more dangerous features, I'll agree
if you don't create any new files after, there are undelete utilities that may recover them. (norton comes to mind) YMMV

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]