the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:15 pm 
Hi. I need some help. I am reposting a similar topic, but I know a lot more than I did then. Some of my downloads run pretty good. Upload and download speeds in the 30's (I am on a slower cable isp. I keep my options on automatic, rather than connecting at a static preference. One of the downloads I am running now has 0-3 kb download speed, while the upload speed is in the 30's. I am connected to 2 peers and 6 seeds. I have opened my ports on both my router and my firewall (Norton). I have only 10 ports open, and have configured BT to use those ports. Why is there such a varience in download speeds, etc? Also, is it possible to increase my download speeds? I was kinda satisfied with the 30's speed, since that is what speed downloads off the internet run at. Please explain in layman's terms, as I am very new at this. And while I am at it, I cannot get rid of that yellow light. Like I said, I configured everything and turned off my windows firewall in deference to my Norton firewall. I have researched my isp, and I cannot find any restrictions about copyright info.

thanks so much for your help, time and attention.

BTW, 90% of the time, I run only 1 download at a time, as it has been my experience that if you download more than 1 thing at a time it will slow your download speeds for both (or more) downloads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:34 am 
Your cable modem might also have a router in it that firewalls everything.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]