the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:57 pm 
been using v3.14a, and all priors, since released and have had no problems at all except shutdown error we all know about. :lol:
i'm connected totally wireless via linksys router (with 3rd party firmware and ports forwarded) to my notebook. 8)
i use only the router firewall since software fw's can be bitchy to work with. don't like 'em :!:
and since i use a port monitor sniffer to show me what comes/goes i can sleep better now. :lol:
i wish i can help out with everyones probs but it seems like there's too many factors at play to sort out. :(
at least there's some good people tryin to help out :!: :!: :!: :)

btw i use a long port range ex 52881-52901 and when i open a torrent to download i let it be even if i get a 'connecting to tracker' 'cause it will connect anyway if the tracker is up or getting pounded and then the error goes away once i'm connected. usually it been about 5-10 minutes max after getting that error. get a router! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:32 pm 
and the fact that there are more users firewalled than ever before will bring many download speeds to a crawl. you would be surprised at how many users are firewalled on any given torrent. there is a way to check too. i'll post tomorrow. i do wish they would learn how to forward their ports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:28 pm 
what a noob, lol.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]