the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:34 am 
Sup Guys! :D My torrent freezes after 15 mins of dling. I put it to 60 peers connections and it still freezes. It also freezes when it reaches the hundreds range. :cry: Don't know why it does dat. My PC shouldn't have a hard time since its customize. I've been having this problem for 2 and a half months now. :evil: I've read every single torrent forums from here and bit torrent and other site and still nada, nothing , zip. :cry:

3.0 CPu
2 gigs a dual chann

Any Suggestions. :idea: Help is most appreciated. :)

Thanx :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:44 pm 
Freezing can happen due to many reasons but most are due to computer specs. Anyhow how much harddrive space do you have left. Don't forget your computer uses RAM and it also requires virtual memory which is leftover space on your harddrive.

Also what client are you using the newest one or the stable one? Have you tried putting it below 60 ie 50? Did you remember to hit the ok then the save button? Remember the client does not save the changes unless you hit the save button.

Post subject: Thanx
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:21 pm 
Thanx for replying. :D As for the questions . I use the stable one of bit torando. Yes, I tried puttin it 60 ie 50. And yes on I hit the save button.

Is 30 gigs a lot of space or do I need more? I think its alot. :?: Well hoping for you to reply again.

Thanx :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:23 am 
You need more info to solve such problems!

It could be a lousy router, firewall, antivirus, or even almost any internet-using program (even virus/trojan!) that is poorly written that's causing interferance and crashes BitTornado.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:36 pm 
Strange i've only had my client freeze due to the fact that I have a crappy computer. Anyhow yeah putting it on 60 fixed my problem so yeah it could be what the person above me said.

Some stuff that I guess might help out are:

1) What speeds are you getting before your client freezes? Before I changed mine to 60 I was freezing when my client hit 100kb/s. After change I can download past 250kb/s with no problems.

2) Firewalls, antivirus, windows xp service packs, do you have any of these?

3) Router, Internet service provider, what type of internet do you have ie dsl/cable/t1/adsl?

Your computer specs and harddrive space is more then plenty to run it without problems. Also is this only bittornado thats doing this? Besides that i'm really not sure what could be causing the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:01 am 
It freezes at any speed. At any Time Mostly at 15 mins lowest was at 3 mins. I already tried even at 20 and it still freezes. :cry:.

Programs I have are McAfee 2006 with firewall off. All I have on is the Anti-Virus. And a XP Service pack 2.

My Computer Specs are 900 Gigs HD, 3.0 CPU, 2 Gigs Dual Channel, Evga 6800 Utra AGP, Audigy 4 Creative

Linksys Router. But I open the ports needed for torrents. 10000/60000 Both UDP & TCP. Internet Provider is SBC Yahoo DSL Pro.

I hope you guys got all the Info You need to solve this prob.

And... Thanx for replyin guys. I hope tou hear from you guys again. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:35 am 
Oh I forgot it only does it to bittornado(Freezes). And no other programs. Can't be the others programs I have now that freezes bittornado. Before it didn't freeze my torrents. So it couldn't be the programs.I turned off my Windows Update, so it can't be new updates. It's a problematic thing. Can't be viruses, because I virus scanned it. No Prob. My Anti-Virus Program is updated.Can't really think of any more to tell ya.

Well...Thanx again :D

Post subject: same prob
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:14 am 
im having few probs with bittornado freezing (stable version),,this is the 1st time i have had this ever happen and im using the same software config i usually do for the last year or so apart from the updates & mcafee 2006 internet suite but i have tried disabling the firewall and anti virus with no effect.afetr around 10 mins the client just freezes and stop u/l & d/l but the status light stay green - everythings ok after i restart the torrent then it will freeze again - i have also tried dif clients ,,,any suggestions thx.

xp pro sp2,bittornado 0.3.7,aohell 9 2mb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:33 pm 
wakey have you already tried turning your max peer connections to 60? Also what type of computer do you have? Anyhow on my old p3 866/512meg ram /win xp serv pack 2/ 2meg adsl/ firewall ported/ my torrents froze. But at 60 peers max it didn't freeze. If it still freezes at 60 then try 50, and if it still freezes try 40. If it still freezes at 40 then you know you've got a problem.

Now with my new dual core processor with 1gig ram it doesn't freeze at all. This is using same o/s same firewall with same ports, and well all same except for cpu,ram,motherboard,onbaord network, graphics card. Oh I formatted computer and reinstalled tornado and left it at no limit on peer connection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:46 pm 
i have p4 3.2 prescott with 2gb of hyper x ram.ive never had this prob before and have used bittornado for a while now,,i have just uninstalled it and tried bit-torent and it hasnt locked up - afaik there based on the same programme so its strange how ones working and tornado doesnt even thought its 100% worked in the past - only new software i have added is mcafee internet 2006 (normally use norton) + the usuaul windows updates.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]