the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:14 pm 
topic ne way its a wgt 624 netgear download speed is fine i set it to defualt(unlimited)
and then lowered it to 60 peers max
problem with python or tornado or router?
sorry if this has already been mentioned i tried search but didnt come up with much
i also upgraded firmware to latest version
I have been able to temporarily remedy the situation by unplugging my router and reconnecting it but it does becoming rather tedious after a couple times. Would anyone assist me? Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:28 am 
you should look into getting it replaced i have never heard of that before

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:39 pm 
I have a netgear 614v6 and my pc reboots after 15 min or so when using bit tornado.
I've tried all the settings I could find in the forms, still crashes.
I've done ram test, hd test, etc.. all checks out fine.

The 614 and 624 netgears have a heat problem,
http://forum1.netgear.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=4435

Its not a heat issue with mine, cause I can download 1.7 gigs from my website and all is ok.

So any new ideals on why pc reboots with bit tornado?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:13 am 
Have you tried disabling UPnP in both the router and BitTornado?
Even if UPnP isn't used by BitTornado, your router may be having problems due to having UPnP enabled in it.

Also, upload speed in BitTornado needs to be reduced to no more than your connection's sustainable amount. This may be less than 70% of its peak speeds. So if your connection is rated as "384 kilobits/sec upload", then your max upload speed in BitTornado might only be 32 KB/sec. Anything higher can cause overloads and potentially crashes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:16 pm 
Switeck wrote:
Have you tried disabling UPnP in both the router and BitTornado?
Even if UPnP isn't used by BitTornado, your router may be having problems due to having UPnP enabled in it.

Thanks that was the fix for me. I disabled the UPnP in BitTornado but didn't have it disabled in router. After disabling UPnP in router all works well.

Having UPnP disabled in router, will that cause any internet problems. Surfing, gaming, etc...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:23 pm 
pfj wrote:
I have a netgear 614v6 and my pc reboots after 15 min or so when using bit tornado.
I've tried all the settings I could find in the forms, still crashes.
I've done ram test, hd test, etc.. all checks out fine.

The 614 and 624 netgears have a heat problem,
http://forum1.netgear.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=4435

Its not a heat issue with mine, cause I can download 1.7 gigs from my website and all is ok.

So any new ideals on why pc reboots with bit tornado?

yeah thats probably it thanks i reduced the number of peers to 50 and it seems to be running fine now(i downloaded 10 gigs straight b4) i didnt try the upnp thing though

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]