the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: whats goin on?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:15 pm 
Help......

I am d/l'n a torrent file that is 6.956MiB =99files which is only apparently 27% done, but the file folder is showin the complete 7g of files?....but not one of them play's in any of my media players?

and the client says only 1600MiB done in window, but 1950MiB done in toolbar?

is this normal.....d/l is still showin 96hrs till complete 15-20kbps avg?

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:19 pm 
And i've been d/l'n this file for days now and have d/l'd other files with no probz alongside this one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:21 am 
BitTornado is writing garbage files of the correct size and name when it begins. It's only AFTER it's downloaded alot that those files contain the data they should!

Therefore, it should come as no surprise that you cannot "view" files that aren't done downloading yet!

Are you firewalled?
Are you on an ISP that hates bittorrent users and throttles bittorrent to <20 KB/sec?
Do you have a router? (btw: wireless + USB + D-Link = crap :P)
Have you set your upload speed sensibly? (Trying to upload faster than your connection allows sabotages your download royally! Trying to upload to lots of people at once also does.)
There can be little things you can do to speed it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:37 am 
I was always yellow lighted too......but did the UPnP thing in the sticky at the top last night an now i'z gettin green light an d/l iz 30-55kbps avg with 10 seeds and 50 peers, will it get any faster?

I am using 22***-22*** port range and i have norton 2005 FW with ports open & on BT/Yahoo ADSL 2mb with BT voyager2500v router on ethernet connection with ports fowarded.
:D

have also opened the ports in xp FW exceptions even tho it's switched off.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]