the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: wtf why is bt doing this
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:07 am 
ok for like hella long i had bt going fine and now its hella frezzing after like 10 mins i set my thing at 60 max but still it does this i dont thinks its my anti virus i have macafee and it never did this before i tried updating but still frezzes and reinstalled windows too. can anyone help help thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:06 am 
There's probably some other stuff on your computer that's causing these problems.

Have you emptied your temp folders recently (using a disk cleanup)?

Have you run anti-spyware software to find stuff anti-virus software INTENTIALLY ignores?

Are you using the stable v0.3.7 version of BitTornado or one of later betas that may be causing your problems?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:13 am 
Switeck wrote:
Have you emptied your temp folders recently (using a disk cleanup)?

i'm not the guy above.. but i did! (empty my temp folder) is that bad? cause my dl now is 3kbps... but it goes slow from time to time so i dont know if that's the problem.. sometimes it's green sometimes it's yellow.. i think it may also be my isp but i dont know.. (singtel)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:46 pm 
where from ying? hong kong? phillipine???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:04 pm 
none of your biznis, Uuuuuuuuuuuuu a ppppppppppppppppprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrricccccccccccccccccccccccckkkk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:24 pm 
i did what u told me but it still stops any other things it might be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:07 am 
ying wrote:
i'm not the guy above.. but i did! (empty my temp folder) is that bad? cause my dl now is 3kbps... but it goes slow from time to time so i dont know if that's the problem.. sometimes it's green sometimes it's yellow.. i think it may also be my isp but i dont know.. (singtel)
No, it is good for your temp folder to be empty. It should be empty most of the time or only have a couple temp files in it that are currently in use.

SingTel is an ISP in Singapore. It is KNOWN to throttle BitTorrent traffic to almost nothing. 3 KB/sec is actually pretty "good" for them. You need to find out from service techs what speeds they are throttling to various times of the day...or do extensive testing to find it via trial-and-error.

...or do lots of GOOGLE searches on the subject in the hopes someone else has already done all that work for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:09 am 
guest wrote:
i did what u told me but it still stops any other things it might be?
The last resort is your ISP may simply be bad...blocking nearly all BitTorrent traffic.

You can try to find someone else confirming that via GOOGLE searches.

...or you can try torrents KNOWN for their extreme download speeds, such as OpenOffice or various Linux distros.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:46 am 
Switech, why do you spend so much time with noobs? What's in it for you? Are you paid? Is this a job?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:19 am 
I'm not paid, it's not my job.
I just have time to kill and what's more I'm looking for info about what's going on in the "BitTorrent" world...such as what ISPs are blocking BitTorrent, getting the latest ip blocklists from PeerGuardian, or even finding out what hardware (esp routers) simply doesn't work with BitTorrent traffic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:00 am 
Switeck wrote:
ying wrote:
No, it is good for your temp folder to be empty. It should be empty most of the time or only have a couple temp files in it that are currently in use.

SingTel is an ISP in Singapore. It is KNOWN to throttle BitTorrent traffic to almost nothing. 3 KB/sec is actually pretty "good" for them. You need to find out from service techs what speeds they are throttling to various times of the day...or do extensive testing to find it via trial-and-error.

...or do lots of GOOGLE searches on the subject in the hopes someone else has already done all that work for you.

thanks for the reply! i guess it's my isp since i've done everything i'm supposed to (i think)... forwarding ports and stuff and i do get good results from time to time (i hit 130 kbps one time).. so i guess it's just my isp being stupid.. and there's not really much i can do? or is there a way to get around it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:07 am 
ying, BitComet v.58-v.61 has an encryption scheme to "hide" BitTorrent traffic from ISP snooping. But it only works with other BitComets that have it enabled.

Also the lastest µTorrent and Azureus betas supports a better encryption scheme which can do likewise...and will soon be supported by both µTorrent and Azureus. They might be able to get around the ISP throttling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:55 am 
"wtf why is bt doing this"
I see that English is not your first language. :roll:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]