the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:56 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
But it's in chinese.

there is a english version if you read/speak english lmfao

if you use this client dont use the tcp/ip patch that comes with it. this client hasnt been updated for the latest microsoft security release.

look to this post to use the correct tcp/ip patch http://forums.degreez.net/viewtopic.php?t=6901

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:25 am 
Try www.utorrent.com?

I am using it till shadow releases the new version ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:51 pm 
I can recommend uTorrent.

Also Azureus for the more experienced user.

You don't have to use 1 client I have uTorrent, Azureus and BitTornado installed. I use good old Tornado when I want to avoid DHT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:14 am 
Anonymous wrote:

sure i'll agree but they dont have the features that tornado or even this chinaman 'plus' offers. until the next tornado release (i hope) i'll stick with this plus client cause i like it. it reminds me of being something relative to tornado. and i'll have to agree with the previous poosers this client is fast and stable :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:35 pm 
i just hope it doesn't have the 'Download Never' bug. if the client fixes it, then Shadow is fucked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:22 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

sure i'll agree but they dont have the features that tornado or even this chinaman 'plus' offers.

What planet are you on? These clients both have (a lot) more features than BitTornado. Plus they are constantly being developed.

The only reason for sticking with BitTornado would be if you want to avoid DHT at all cost and the super-seed mode which is the best of all these clients.

Just try 'm out, won't hurt ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:19 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
The only reason for sticking with BitTornado would be if you want to avoid DHT at all cost and the super-seed mode which is the best of all these clients.

You can disable DHT in utorrent, so most other clients have that option too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:11 pm 

The one suggested at begin of thread sucks ass. After trying it all I ever got was bad data & immediately on startup I saw it trying to go to www.cnxp.com & then www.bitwonder.com several times. I therefore reinstalled hosts mgr & added them to it. utorrent likes to crash my lan & seems like a ball & chain so am sticking with BT for now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:26 am 

seems that they have now removed them ads erm i might give it ago

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:29 pm 

I wouldn't even try this software...

See: http://www.topqualityfreeware.com/dodgyP2P.html

or

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/bitwonder.com/summary/

Up to you all, guys.

Me: I really like utorrent. But it works only on Windows, and my "torrent client" is a linux box. BitTornado works fine in Linux.

In fact, I even prefer mldonkey, but more and more site reject this client since it "links" torrent to edonkey, sharing IP I think, so I have to switch! BitTornado is my first torrent client; I had to dump it when it uses all my memory in Windows... :( :evil: Now I'm using Linux, works well.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2