the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:16 am 
I know there are already a couple of threads on this, but I tried everything in them and it didn't help.

Long Story:

Been using BT for about 6 months and it is fantastic - often a bit slow because of firewall at work server, but everything works fine. I had previously been downloading multiple torrents at once, which I heard was a big no no, so I stopped.

About a week ago I had a DL fail because it ran out of disc space overnight. I cleared plenty of space, tried to resume, but I would always get the error "not a valid response file" every time I tried.

I normally download from mybittorrent. I have downloaded the latest version of BT, and also tried burst, neither work on any torrent I try to download at mybittorrent. On other sites I have tried (e.g. torrent reactor), I can download about half of the torrents I try.

I have tried disabling my virus programs but it makes no difference. I am using firefox 1.5.0.1 if that makes a difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:19 am 
I should add that I have tried manually downloading the torrent files and starting the download that way - no joy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:23 am 
Should also add that BT is a very cool client, and way better than any others I have tried.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]