the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:44 pm 
I've been having problems like the rest of the board with disconnects and rebooting using bt for about 3 months now. So I tried something.
I loaded bt on my daughters computer. Its has the same software that I have and running XP Pro SP1. I'm able to download with no reboots or diconnects.

The only difference is I stoped updating her pc about 3 months ago(thats microsoft and nortons) also she has a different brand network card.

I also went out and bought a new wireless router about 3 months ago.
I'm using the netgear FA311 network card in my pc. So when checking for updates for my network card there's no drivers for XP. Will be swaping out cards to see if thats it. Maybe the new router and network card doesn't like each other.

Also when fowarding ports you should check out http://www.portforward.com/ because all routers and Bit Tornado have to be setup different. Click on fowarding link then find your router, then find the program. It will show you what to do. My router says to open ports 10000-10010 and the same router different version says ports 6881-6999.

Just a few thoughts that might help someone out.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]