the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:34 pm 
Till now i had a dialup connection and bt worked normally at 4 to 5kbps. Now i have a 256kbps cable connection and instead of improving speed the download rate is now never above 2-3kbps. Now what i have understood abt bt to use it in cable is this:
I have narrowed the rage of ports to 6881-6999 and unchecked the randomise tab. For the firewall i have listed the bt program as exceptions. So i should now get atleast 15 to 20kbps speed while downloading ....but i have problems. The light stays yellow, sometimes even if the file is downloading bt says error:cannot connect to tracker, speed is 2kbps while upload speed is 7-10kbps.
Pls help me...is there any other range of ports? what i have to do with my routers? the connection is new so pls help me as to whether i have to tinker with the settings? also i live in India so is there anyother range?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:59 am 

Try changing your ports to something over 10000.Most trackers have banned your range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:14 pm 
ok first recheck the random ports box , what that does is tell the client not to use the same port in the range you selected every time, never use port range 6881-6999 cause as shylock said alot of trackers have banned this range also some ISP's are throttleing this range also
make sure to forward the ports in the routers or you will always have the yellow connection light firewall too
ok now go do an online speed test to find out your actuall upload speed if you don't know what it is and set your client to upload at 75 - 80% of that (in other words if your upload speed is 10 kb\s never upload faster than 8kb\s max 7kb\s would be even better ) cause your client and the tracker need to be able to talk to each other and if your using up all the upload bandwidth sending data to other clients it takes longer for your client and the tracker to talk so it slows down your speeds

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]