the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Blue stop screens
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:16 pm 
Hi.
I've been usining Bittorado now for about 2 years with no probs. I've literally had the computer on 24/7 and it's never crashed.
Now I've just got a new rather expensive machine and have tried using Bittorado with it but after a few hours the computer crashes with blue stop screens. Some of the errors mention a network file, but others are more vague and one mentioned the NTFS of the hard drives.
I've performed a clean install of XP and have installed the latest drivers for all the major components. I haven't installed any other programs except Bittornado 0.3.7.
Is it possible that Bittornado is putting a stress on the network adapter and causing the computer to crash or might I have a general problem with the computer hardware, RAM, overheating etc?
This is a brand new computer so it doesn't have a PCI 'network card' as such. The network facility is built into the motherboard and is a Nvidia nForce Network Controller with driver version 5.0.9.0, the latest version.
Has anyone had this problem with a new computer? Thanks.

Post subject: fuuny thing
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:32 pm 

Funny you should mention your error. I am having somewhat of the same error. I get the Blue screen of death shortly after I start a few torrents. I was using bit tornado for a while almost 2 years I think and when the new bit tornado came out I would download that and use it. But recently I got a virus Which I deleted completely and with no real problems except now I can use the new version of bit tornado. I must use version S-5.8.11 SHADOWS Experimental. For me I know my computer is not over heating and I reinstalled drivers for my network. But I still get the BSOD. Did doing a clean install of everything help your computer get rid of the BSOD?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]