the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Downloaded amount query
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:40 am 
Hello all.

Apologies if this is some sort of idiot question, or if this has already been answered countless times, but I'm a bit of a novice at all of this, and I didn't really find a conclusive answer after searching through some previous topics.

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/8099/screeeen4jc.jpg

That's a screenshot of my torrent - I was just wondering why there is a discrepancy between the two circled downloaded figures - on my other torrents (which have all been closed and opened, much like this one) the two figures stay the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:06 am 
The discrepancy is there because the downloaded amount in your botton circle is for this session (i.e. from the time you have started this copy of bittornado) the downloaded amount in your upper circle is how much of the overall torrent has been downloaded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:12 am 
Thanks for that - but why isn't that the case for other torrents I've closed and opened again?

Post subject: reasons
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:03 pm 

theres alot of reasons for that. Maybe you saved a copy to a diffrent folder or directory then when back to the origanal place it was saved. That happens to me a lot. maybe you got a new client or maybe you ended the task wrong. Maybe you lost power while it was going. Or maybe it was more then ten days sense you last used that torrent. Theres like 100 more reasons but that should give you a good idea.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]