the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:40 pm 
Hey everyone, maybe you guys can help me out with this..

I have just recently started to use bittornado, but before I began to use bittornado, i finshed downloading a torrent to 30% using another program.

this 30% is now dissapperaed into the abyss.. i dont know where these files went to because i now longer have them.
I went from my previous complete files back down to nothing and im sure when I continued the torrent file it was in the right directory my old completed files where in. now they are gone all at 0kb...

,can anyone can tell me what happend, where they have gone to??

thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:18 am 
To bitheaven i suppose!

As i understand it:
If that other program stored pieces as they came in then the data would not pass the hash check when you started Bittornado as the new program does not have access to the old programs "temporary piece placement list" and therefore checks the first found piece against the first checksum (and so on). All pieces that fails the hash check are of course deleted as they are "bad data".

With a file recovery program you might get most of your data back and then you could use your old program to download the rest of the torrent, but probably has that area of the hard disk already been overwritten with something else.

Post subject: same problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:15 pm 

I once had the same problem except your data should still be there. I used a diffrent client to get the rest of the torrent. But said it had to start over. I was a 70 or so percent at the time and didnt want to star over. So I reinstalled the old client and started it up. It found all the files and continued on its mary way. I dont know what. But for my only the same exact client I started a torrent with can finish it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]