the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:34 am 

when i click a .torrent link from anywhere REDACTED etc. the link works but when I click to save the file a window pops up really fast (cant tell what it says) then nothing happens, if the link does work I click save then it will ask me where to save it, I point it to the folder I want to save the file, Bittornado opens and starts downloading. dont know why 50% of the files I try to download wont save, bittornado doesent even open after I click on save. I tried this with torrents that have hundreds of seeders and still wont save the initial file. thanks for any advice

win xp pro sp1
no router
no firewall

Post subject: not sure
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:21 pm 

Im not sure what you mean. But are you tring to save the torrent file. Or chose where the torrent is going to be saved. If you want to save the torrent file, are you right clicking then choosing save target as on the link? Because that quick messege you see could be the torrent file being downloaded to temp internet folder then automaticly running the torrent. If this helps great. If it doesent im not sure what you mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:28 pm 

I used to click the link then choose a location to save the torrent but once I click "save" it wont even give me a choice on where to save it, because that "save in" window never opens, then like you said I tried to "save target as" and it worked that way. very simple solution to my big problem =) thanks very much

Post subject: sites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:25 pm 

Dont worry about it. It all depends on the site which you are downloading. Someplaces you have to use the save target as function, where other site you can normally left click.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:42 pm 

Also, as a long shot you can use isohunt to search for alternate tracker URLs from the torrent hash and manually announce to them.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]