the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:29 am 

Hi,

I've had this error on my torrent for the past 16 hours now. I've searched through the boards and found a few different dicussions regarding this, but most of the situations were where people were having this problem from the start.

My torrent had been downloading fine for 36 hours before this and is at 36.5% right now.

I'm pretty sure from what I have read that I have to wait for some seeders or peers to come online, but incase I'm wrong (which I very well could be, I'm not very savvy about torrents yet), can this have anything to do with a firewall, or something that I can fix?

Thanks! :)

-Rez

Post subject: Tracker
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:46 am 

The tracker which the torrent is on is currently down. At least in most cases. If there where no seeders or peers the light would be red. So the tracker is most likly down. It happens all the time. Just got to wait until it comes back up. Which could be any time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:54 am 

Ok thanks :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:20 pm 

A tracker 404 error usually means the tracker is "stick a fork in it, it's done" gone.

Post subject: true
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:16 pm 

Thats true. The file could be gone from the tracker. You should check to see if the torrent is still there. If not try going someplace else to finish it. OR see if the tracker is up or down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:28 pm 

Yeah it's been over 24 hours and this thing still isn't working.

I was downloading a Battle for Middle Earth 2, torrent. 36% done.

I'm not sure how to do those things you just mentioned, AngelCry. Is there anyway I can continue my download, or do I have to start over again?

Post subject: depends
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:43 pm 

Well it depends, you might or might not have to start over again. You might be able to find the same torrent on a diffrent site. Just make sure they are around same size and files. Some people add more files like instructions or messeges that were not included in the file you are currently downloading. Thats ok once BT checks the existing information with the new torrent file it will add those. But to check if the site is up give visit there http:// address. Then search for the file. If you dont know the website just check under detail and click the likly tracker link. And a easy way to see if the tracker is working is to download another torrent from the same site. Usually means local tracker. Then if that downloads the tracker is up. If it doesent then its most likly down. If you cant even reach the site then its down. Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:13 am 

Alright I found a new torrent at REDACTED

New problem now--I am connected to multiple peers and seeds, but my light is yellow, and my status goes from "connecting to peers" to "unknown"

At one point very briefly my DL was going at 20 kb/s, now its down to 0 or 1 kb/s.

:(

Post subject: works
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:04 pm 

Well, a yellow light means your firewalled either by software or maybe a router. Make sure they are disabled. And let me know if you are still having the problem when its green.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]