the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: ERROR--help-please
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:26 pm 

i just been downloading a file it got near the end of it 90%+

then it seamed to crash/stop downloading so i closed it and reopend it now i get this

ERROR (10:10PM)-
IO Error: [Errno 13] permisson denied

just wondered if any one can tell me whats going on with it im very angry with it as i was near the end of my download :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:35 pm 

FIXED

BitTornado has a problem with anything later than v0.3.7 that when you close the program it gets stuck in memory and doesn't close properly or in some cases at all.

So when you try to open the same torrent again, it's still running in the background and locks out file access to it -- thus the Error 13 - Permission Denied.

You'll have to use CTRL+ALT+DEL (once only!) and close the old BitTornado app that way after you close its window.

It's a pain of an error, but the designers have discovered it's likely a problem in their compilers rather than the code they use. Until a tricky/complex workaround is found to trick the compiler into making solid output, nothing we can do to prevent the crashes.

CREDIT TO the poster:D

now im just w8ing for this torrent to come off black and go to yellow or even better GREEN:D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]