the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:26 pm 
I recently changed from an older version of shadows experimental to the new bit tornado. Everything went fine on my first download but mow im getting the same problem over and over. The torrent open and begins to connect to the peers/seeds, roughly about 20/15. But within minutes the peers and seeds begin to drop to roughly 2/1. Why is this happening? Its giving me awful download speeds as theres nobody available to connect and download from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:40 pm 
Ive just had a look around the forum and noticed the seeds/peers decay problem. Has this bug been fixed? Im using the newest version of bit tornado.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:01 pm 

I haven't seen this seed/peer decay problem at all. Does it only happen when you are behind certain NAT routers or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:11 pm 
Im not using a router or anything like it :( Only thing i have running is my firewall which i have setup to allow it full out/in access. It really annoying me. My current torrent has 8peers/3seeds (most its had since it started) but ive used torrent spy and there are 2394 peers and 1073 seeds. Im connected to a total of 11 :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:30 pm 
Been watching the advanced window for 20mins now(how sad). Everytime it starts to build up speed from a peer/seed and gets about 5mb it then disapears. Then i have to wait for the next available peer/seed. Its like it cant keep the connection alive. Currently on 10hrs for a 350mb file and i only have 89%

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:13 pm 

Something else has to be involved that is causing your problem. I just tested a fresh torrent downloaded with BitTornado 0.2.0 and the number of connected peers kept going up and never went down and went as high as 150 peers in just an hour on its own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:31 am 
Gone back to my old client now (shadows experimental 3.2.1b) and everything is working fine. Currently got 50 peers 13 seeds. Guessing theres a bug somewhere in bit tornado, or a conflict with another file (as only a few have this problem).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:25 pm 

Which firewall software were you using? and does the decay problem occur when you aren't using it and are using something else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 1:07 pm 
Using Sygate Personal Firewall. Ive tried it turned on and off and i get the same result every time :(

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]