the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:06 pm 

Ok, Im a total newbie. Sorry if my question my sound a little simple to you. All right one of the site i go to download torrents has a share ratio policy. I want to abide by their rule and give back as much as i download. So I usually leave my torrent running after i am finished downloading. The problem is: the highest that my upload rate goes to is around 30kb to 40kb, this takes along time for me to get my share ratio back to 1:1. If I download a 4gb file, its going to take me 2-3days to get back to a 1:1 ratio. Is there a setting i can change or something i can do to increase my upload ratio. I am using bit tornado & on a cable modem.
please suggest. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:32 pm 

If you mean raising your upload speed, you generally need to ISP to "allow" that AND do that for you.

In the meantime, keep your torrent running as long as possible :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:16 am 

You can cap your download speed to a similar level within the client to help maintain your share ratio.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]