the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:24 am 

I searched but didn't find anything that seemed similier.

When I attempt to download a torrent with BitTornado using btdownloadcurses.py, I am able to download the torrent just fine. The problem begins when I need to cancel a download for any reason and then try to restart the download. It seems that no matter how much time is between stopping and restarting a download, the restarts always stall. The torrent will check existing data, and connect to seeds and peers but after a few moments it hangs. By hangs I mean it neither uploads or downloads data, at all, unless I reboot the box. I've tried rtorrent and it doesn't have produce the same effects. I can work around this obviously but I use bittornado for specific reasons and would like to know why it tends to do this. Below is a copy of what I see when it hangs.

| status: connecting to peers (16.5%)
| dl speed: 0.0 KB/s
| ul speed: 18.1 KB/s
| sharing: oo (0.6 MB up / 0.0 MB down)
| seeds: 10 seen now, plus 0.944 distributed copies
| peers: 9 seen now, 18.7% done at 31.4 kB/s

You can see it is finding seeds and peers, but the screen will never change and there's no network activity any longer. Any thoughts?

Using this on linux, no problems with antivirus software, it's not the routing hardware as other clients work fine, and it only happens if I stop a torrent then try to start it up again without rebooting the box.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]