the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: I never had this before
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:38 pm 

Hi, i have here 2 different torrents, they both can download the same file, but the torrents are just different, each torrent has 2 different trackers but in both of the torrents there is one tracker that the other one has also.
When i load this torrent, it tries to connect, the light goes yellow than goes blue, i see 40 peers but no seeds.
The other torrent has 10 peers but no seeds, the light is also blue.
All the user IP's i see all have 0%, according to different homepage both are healthy torrents with few hundreds of peers and seeds.
So how come this torrents doesn't do anything, i've tried all 3 trackers nothing works, the light stays blue and no downloading ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:14 am 

:idea: If everybody is showing 0% they haven't got anything to share.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:13 am 

Yes i understand that, but the trackers show that 100's of people are downloading but when i press on advanced in Bittornado i see like 50 people all sharing nothing, so where are those 100's of people ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:52 am 

BitTornado doesn't connect to every peer in the torrent, that would be inefficient. If you're connected to 50 peers and nobody has a piece at all I think it's fair to assume that nobody in the torrent has anything and the tracker is lying about the number of seeds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:38 pm 

It could also mean that there is no seeder meaning you only got leecher with empty data. It would be best to close as it is a dead torrent or a hoax to frustrate users who thought there are lots of seed even thought their is none. Its like April fool's day and its not funny anymore.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]