the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:20 am 

-topic-

I've also read about internet connections spontaneously disconnecting after a certain period of time, connections that are behind routers.

My DSL connection is behind my Netgear WGR614 v2 router with lastest firmware updates. I've read that setting the Max peer connections to 60 and under would resolve this(disconnecting) issue that I'm having. I have UPnP disabled in my router settings should I disable UPnP in BitTornado if I'm not using UPnP?

I've also read about the benefits of using UPnP vs Dynamic. What do I need to do to get UPnP to work? Is it as simple as enabling UPnP on my router and BitTornado?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:55 pm 

hi m8 if you have already forward your ports for the client
then you might as well disable it
but if you only see local connections and a yellow light this means your firewalled.and upnp may help you with this.
there a 2 settings in bit tornado theres fast upnp and slow
fast doesn't forward for me but using the slow setting worked great
also if you do this make sure you change the default port settings in the client to about 10 at most

40000-40010

hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:07 pm 

Sounds like a problem I had when trying out eMule... my connection kept disconnecting but worked after a reboot. So what actually happened was that on boot everything working fine but after starting eMule, too many connections killed it all. Spoke with some people on msfn.org about it and they told me to use the LvlLord patch. Just google 'LvlLord' and you'll find it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]