the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: stopping
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:37 pm 

im having a problem with bittornado frequently stopping when downloading a torrent.this has only started recently.i open the torrent,things start off normally but download speed wont go past 11 or 12 after 2 o3% of a download it freezes. i restart it happens again and will continue to do so untill the download is finished.i have tried different torrent sites and many different torrents film and music still happens i have checked my bt home hub has bittornado registered in its list off things to allow through it has the port numbers match with the home hub my firewall is turned off and i do get the green light when downloading in fact everything is the same as it has always been i havnt added any new software.i havnt had a problem before.on the occasion i do get a good download speed it will freeze when it gets above 100 or so.the download speed is set to o the font to 9 and the unp port forwarding is disabled as it always has been any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:50 am 

I had this problem once before on a very popular torrent. My problem was due to the large number of connections I was getting. I found it would stop after about 1000 connections were opened, and I would have to restart, at which point it would run for a while then stop when it got about 1000 connections again. You could try setting the max connections parameter to something small (like 50 or less, it defaults to unlimited) to see if this is your problem as well.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]