the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:58 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:35 pm 
for osm reason my dl's would stall out after 5-10 mins, and i heard that putting a limit on the max peer connections would stop that. so i set it to 60, and i still got freezes, then i set it to 40, still got freezes. now i have a new network card (Intel pro 1000 MT) and the new drivers, and this is still happening. i noticed sometjhing strange tho, it says im connected to 52 seeds and 5 peers, but i have the max connections set to 40, isnt there something wrong there? just wondering how to fix this, ne help would be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:07 pm 

:oops:

<checks code>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:34 pm 

The code for limiting the number of connections looks fine. You can't set it dynamically, it has to be saved in Prefs and the client restarted for it to take effect. On another note, I did find that under certain conditions bad connections could take way too long to expire, so a connection now has 15 seconds to prove it's a valid BT connection, or it gets dropped.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]