the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 4:21 pm 
Well 1st off just to say im fairly new at this meaning the bit-torrent program I had befor this was actuly called just that Bit-Torrent, Now I have stumbled across Bit-Tornado which I am truly happy with but it seems that when I am seeding when i upload it to my bit-Tornado it indicates that it is 99.9% loaded, I have already had a user state that he is stuck at 99.9% when he was downloading, I told him to just try the file anyways and it WORKED! should I worry about this is there a fix for it or is it just a bug or somthing ( bug meaning somthing I have probaly set up wrong on my side because I know it usualy is the user & not the program)
:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:18 pm 

What you are describing can occur when someone modifies the file(s) of a torrent *after* the torrent file was created. The modified file(s) could be a small text file, a thumbnail database, or something that you don't really notice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 11:07 pm 
bytetorrent wrote:
What you are describing can occur when someone modifies the file(s) of a torrent *after* the torrent file was created. The modified file(s) could be a small text file, a thumbnail database, or something that you don't really notice.

I'm creating from scratch useing smart ripper 1st then converting into Divx then creating the torrent on Make torrent 2 then useing bit-tornado to share. Now it worked for my 1st try but ever since then its been loading in 99.9%, I kind of am with you on what you are saying but Can it be somthing else since I have not modified any torrents except for what i do with my own originals?.
Now my aunt well let me know I guess once she gets my video of Malta through my last video :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 11:11 pm 

That guest msg was from me, did not log on oppss :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 11:36 pm 

hmm. Maybe the problem here is the torrent maker? Try another torrent maker and see if the problem exists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 12:12 am 

Are you making torrents of individual files or of folders?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:17 am 

DWKnight wrote:
Are you making torrents of individual files or of folders?

Mainly of one file that a create a folder for Just a movie clip file once the rip part is done then the Divx file made which leaves me with one video clip. If you think its the program Im useing which it might be I guess I look for a new torrent maker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 4:37 am 

Also, what client is the person that is having trouble getting past 99% using?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:09 am 

Well I found my problem it was related to my torrent program I needed to update it and for some reson it fixed it LOL, here is some more help for any1 that gets stuck on this and it is a common problem for alot of users this is another way to fix it.

Thumbs...db...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when creating a torrent of files within a folder in Windows XP an extra file maybe added to your torrent called:

thumbs.db

this additional file may cause problems with peers getting stuck at 99%.

The solution to this is to either delete this file prior to creating the torrent ~ or disableing the creation of it in the first place.

[EDIT 3 May 04]
Cyberlink PowerCinema also creates Thumbs.db files even when Windows has the option off. So check after installing Multimedia Viewers for this exta file ~ usually placed in directories with MEDIA content.
[/EDIT]

There are a few topics within this forum regarding this ~ usually ~ I'm stuck at 99% or When I try to reseed, my client tells me I only have 99%

Quote:
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article03-204

Stop Windows from saving the thumbnail cache (THUMBS.DB)

Intended For
Windows XP only

Windows XP, by default, shows the thumbnails view of certain folders, whether you want it to or not. Even if you choose Details (or some other view) as your default by going to Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab and click Apply to All Folders, Explorer may still revert back to the clumsy Thumbnails view. It does this for any folder in which it finds the THUMBS.DB file; naturally, if you delete this file, it won't happen again.

The problem is that Windows seems to repeatedly recreate the THUMBS.DB file automatically. Here's how to stop this from happening:

In Explorer, go to Tools -> Folder Options or open the Folder Options icon in the Control Panel.

Choose the View tab, and tick the Do not cache thumbnails option.

Click Ok.

You can also change this setting in the Registry:
Open the Registry Editor (regedit.exe).

Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Advanced.

Double-click the DisableThumbnailCache value, or go to Edit -> New -> DWORD value to create a new value by that name.

Enter 1 for its value.

Click Ok and close the Registry Editor when you're done; you'll have to log off and then log back on for this to take effect.

This was created by another user not myself but is very informative. Thanks to all users that guided me through this problem :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:17 pm 

It is great you found out what was causing it. This should definitely be a sticky!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:14 pm 

Yea plus I see alot of people complaning about the 99.9% issue but I guess its not informative enough to be a sticky, Once again thanks for your help and also i see you have helped alot of people in this community.

All the best. :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]