the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

Does BitTornado need to be brought up to date?
YES 88%  88%  [ 7 ]
NO 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:02 am 

hi

1st thing i have to say it Bittornado is my favorite client but i have noticed that on some non register trackers namely on the one that might wear an eye patch, carry a sword and say Arrrghhhhh shiver me timbers. that it did not work properly at all was finding 0 seeds and 1 peer download at 0 kbs and 2 kbs upload and this has happened on many torrents on that site but if i use utorrent which i might add i personally dont like much worked beautifully on that site?

And also it needs to get a lot lighter like utorrent and one other thing 0317 did the check very fast before starting (if you where resuming) but 0318 took forever?

As i said this is my favorite client by miles but seems to me like 3 things need updating....

1. update to make it work better on weak public torrents
2. make it a lot lighter like utorrent
3. make it check files quicker like 0317 used to

Is there any chance of this project continuing as it just seems to have stopped?

I desperately want an update to 0318.

thx

BitTornado Fan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:45 pm 

the number 1 tv tracker banned Bit Tornado about a month ago. No warning at all. One day it just started saying "get a newer client".
So, far I've boycotted that site. I'm still using Bit Tornado 3.17.

I've started getting an "invalid argument error" in Bit Tornado. It'll print out in red after the torrent has been open a few days. Firefox won't start. I have to reboot the pc. It could be a torrent virus. I've scanned with Spyware doctor, Malwarebytes and Norton. I'm reinstalling Win XP. If that doesn't fix it then I'll know for sure that Bit Tornado is too blame.

next time I get the error, I'll write it down word for word. I looked once in google. no luck

Ace

freebo wrote:
hi

1st thing i have to say it Bittornado is my favorite client but i have noticed that on some non register trackers namely on the one that might wear an eye patch, carry a sword and say Arrrghhhhh shiver me timbers. that it did not work properly at all was finding 0 seeds and 1 peer download at 0 kbs and 2 kbs upload and this has happened on many torrents on that site but if i use utorrent which i might add i personally dont like much worked beautifully on that site?

And also it needs to get a lot lighter like utorrent and one other thing 0317 did the check very fast before starting (if you where resuming) but 0318 took forever?

As i said this is my favorite client by miles but seems to me like 3 things need updating....

1. update to make it work better on weak public torrents
2. make it a lot lighter like utorrent
3. make it check files quicker like 0317 used to

Is there any chance of this project continuing as it just seems to have stopped?

I desperately want an update to 0318.

thx

BitTornado Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:46 am 

Many trackers have removed tornado 0.3.18 from the whitelist (allowed clients) effectively banning tornado.
Really gutted about this :(

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]