the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: trojan vundo
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:57 am 

hello everyone

I've been using Bittornado for several years, there was no problem at all until a few days ago, everytime I downloaded or uploaded with Bittornado, my computer got infected with trojan Vundo and trojan disabled securitycenter. Could someone tell me how to fix this problem ? thank you in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:21 pm 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vundo

Vundo is transmitted via email attachments and browser exploits. You may be getting it from the torrent site you're visiting. It may also be resident and hidden on your system and is constantly reloading and redetecting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:19 pm 

hello Shadow

I just download version T-0.3.17 from this website, I scan it with malwearbytes and found Backdoor.PcClient. Is it a false positive ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:18 am 

Yes. Please contact Malwarebytes for confirmation. Some trojans use the same Windows installer as I do (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullsoft_S ... all_System) and sometimes the viral signatures used by malware detectors use parts of the installer rather than the actual malware.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]