the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:59 pm 
Can you put in an option to disable the new fast resume? I sometimes like keeping the .torrents around just as a hash check when I move things on to another harddrive or cd/dvd. I noticed the new expire option in advanced, but I'm assuming the "never" option means it never expires rather than don't use it. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:19 am 

The option is available, Guest, but I'm probably not going to stick it in the GUI. I recommend, however, that instead of trying to monkey my client into doing it, you just get a copy of TorrentSpy. Hit the check-mark button on the General tab.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:21 am 
http://torrentspy.sourceforge.net/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:03 pm 
But wouldn't this be a flaw in the resume system...

You can't download segments that fails the hash checks in TorrentSpy, you need to use a client to do that, if you can't disable the fast-resume in the BitTornado client that's means, it won't check the existing data and it will keep missing the failed hash checks...

I have tested this by having two files downloaded completely, one of which is a subtitle file, I edited the subtitle file so the data is now changed, opened up the torrent and it justs goes straight into seeding mode, having a option to wait 3 days before I can do a data check is not really convenient, another solution is to use a earlier version, one without the fast-resume to do the data checking...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:52 pm 
Actually, a quick remedy is to delete all the files in the 'datacache' folder...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:51 pm 

You edited a file and it didn't detect that on start-up? Are you sure about that? Please try again... The client does consistency checks based on file size and last modification time, and will reject data in files that were modified.

If you edited a relatively small file and did so by appending data to the end, it might've truncated it and re-checked so quickly that you didn't notice the pause.

Like I said, I implemented the fast-resume system *PROPERLY*.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:27 am 
i think there should be a rehash button added in the next release
because currently i have a "finished" torrent with 3 corrupted rar files and i can't redownload the broken parts because Bit Tornado thinks everything is alright

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:29 am 

Eep!

Quick fix: Start BitTornado, then kill it in Task Manager, then restart it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]