the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Question for TheSHADOW
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:58 am 

I have noticed that in the latest version of Bittornado, it remembers how much was previously uploaded aswell. Also it remembers what the upload limit was set to on a particular torrent. My question is, where do you save that information? What directory? I mean the part where it remembers how much upload was done, did you make it save in a particular directory for all the downloaded torrents or respectively to each torrent's directory?

My main reason for asking is that its a nice feature, but information that gets safed, over time gets larger and larger and i would like to know where i can get to it and delete it from time to time, so my computer doesnt get too cluttered. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:38 am 
The information is located in "C:\documents and settings\user name\application data\.bittornado\" in the subfolders "datacache", "piececache" and "torrentcache".

But it is not necessary to remove these files, because there is already an option in bittornado advanced prefs, which specifies an expire date :wink: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:58 am 

I see, well that good then :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:54 am 

Yes. By default it's deleted after ten days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:19 pm 

Shadow, why is it that after i installed 3.1 all my downloads went right down to like 10kb/s all of a sudden? And before i installed the latest client, all three d/ls were peaking at max speed. But after the new client, none of them went even as high as 20kb/s and my d/l speed is usually round 50kb/s.

This makes me realy wonder if there might be some kind of a logical error with the client.....is such a thing possible???? I mean why would it do that? Everything was good before that and after the install, bang back to slow speed. And the d/l speed always stays in the same range as my u/l speed. So if im u/ling at 8kb/s well the d/l is also 8-10kb/s. Is it possible that there might be a logical error in the "tit for tat" algorithm???

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]