the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: TheSHADOW PLZ Read.
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:11 am 

Ok i have been using 0.3.1 since it came out and my d/l never went over 15kb/s. I have tested 4 different torrents making sure that they are well seeded and have no lack of available bandwith. Tried to play around with some of the settings aswell. But none of them went over the 15kb/s mark. Then i uninstalled the client and reverted to 0.2.0. First torrent i loaded, right aways after 20min it reached my max d/l speed of 50kb/s. The same goes for the three other ones that i have tested with on the 0.3.1 client. So there is something for you to consider from a users perspective. Hope this may help you in your developments. Feel free to reply with your thoughts and ideas. Im kinda interested to find out what you think. :D Maybe there is some logical error or something like that? Did you change much of the code from 0.2.0 to 0.3.1?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:56 am 

what upload are you giving with said torrents(is it same in 0.3.1 as when you go back to 0.2.0)? if it's your max upload that would be your problem...
Giving toooo much upload or even your max, is nice and what most due, but it's not a good idea as it doesn't leave enough bandwidth left in your 'pipe' to recieve/acknowledge the download data, so hence slow download speeds...

I've had no problems with 0.3.1 and speeds, the first torrent i tried, got me up over 200 kB/s for most of the torrent, than it slowed to around 100 kB/s til it finished

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:59 am 

There really haven't been any changes in the protocol handling between 0.2.0 and 0.3.1 -- excepting that sending keepalives was fixed, which shouldn't affect your rate at all. I don't know what to tell you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:49 pm 

well each and every setting matches between the two client version (except the additional ones in the later client) :wink: and im telling you guys, version 0.2.0 maxes out d/ls and 0.3.1 doesnt. And i did set my upload to 80% of what its capable. Thats something to think about :!: Shadow, is there anyway the new code/features can play an influence on that? Maybe its the new autoresume feature?

Oh, another thing, when i uninstalled the latest client, it didnt remove the .Bittorrent folder in the User folder. Maybe its a good idea to clean that folder when the client is uninstalled. Doesnt clutter ppls machines :wink: Or does the time to live feature work on those files even after the client is uninstalled?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]