the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: feature idea.
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:07 am 
I noticed that in the new version there is option to cap your download. I really like it, and it got me thinking. What if you could cancel the download from a spefic person In the advanced window.

I only bring it up because I dont like sucking all of a seeds bandwith. It only happens every so often but its not fair to others when i download a ton of data from a seed.

Post subject: another idea
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:58 pm 
A really useful feature would be to give priorities to certain files in a batch download.

This way you could give a higher priority to say the nfo file, so that when you download off someone, it requests the chunk which contains the nfo file over any others if its available.

It could just be for requesting data from seeds, where the client would know that they must have the specific parts.

Not sure if the protocol would allow this, but it would be damn handy all the same.

TheBlock

Post subject: Re: another idea
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:32 pm 

block wrote:
A really useful feature would be to give priorities to certain files in a batch download.

That feature is already available in BitTornado 0.3.1. Grab any multi-file torrent and start downloading then click "details" and right-click the files you wish to adjust the priority on and you'll see a choice of priorities to give a file.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]