the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:08 pm 
Hey all, First of good call on a nice no-frills BT client. Excellent work.

A little Problem recently with my client though,

Using the latest build of Shadows client, Though also happend on previous builds...

Sometimes, randomly, The client will sortof endlessly hang and max out CPU, So bad that i know when its happening cause the system wont move, untill i kill the offending client.

This seems to happen more though not always when i run 3 clients downloading on my box, Though have had it with just two, and sometimes, just 1 client running.

it doesnt crash the system, just rapes all cpu bw, and wont let anything have anything else..

On a P4, 2.8 HT (also tryed turning HT off, no avail)
2gb ram,

Its not a performance thing obviously...I doubt its a network/router prob,
Im sitting in a full dmz here, Never had probs like this with other heavy networking traffic etc..

Stumped...Its not a major prob, but means i gotta restart the client, and when its a big file, its a pain when it starts resuming,

Sorry to moan lol

anyway..

many thanks for having a listen :)

cheers lads...

_Mhz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:19 pm 

http://bt.degreez.net/faq.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:12 am 
Apologies,

But I'm having the same exact problem too and there isn't anything in the FAQ which seems pertinent (I assume when you posted the reply you meant the first question of "It Crashing / Freezing" but that didn't solve my problem) Originally I used ABC, but after tinkering with it for the better part of a week I just moved (on recomendation) to TorrentStorm, which uses the Shadow client as it's foundation.

I also use many torrents, and as far as I can tell, the 100% CPU's primary offender is whatever it is currently checking. I'm adding something like two dozen torrents (2/3-4/5 of them seeding) and as I watch in the task manager the bts859.exe that uses 80-95% of my CPU just keeps rolling down as it moves and finishes from one torrent to the next. Sometimes it just stops on one torrent (which means the torrent it's currently checking goes at a snails pace).

Could you recommend a solution to this problem? It's really getting on my nerves for everything to be lagging.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:34 pm 
I also am having this problem, but only since using 5.8.11...all previous were fine.

I'm not sure, but it seems to be when one torrent gets a bit of corrupted data and tries to re-receive the file. At least that was what happened last time as I was watching.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:00 am 
Same problem here since 5.8.8. 5.8.7 was OK. The problem also happens with ABC cliente (based on Shadow). The solution on the FAQ doesn't work.

Windows XP SP1
Athlon XP 1700+
512 RAM DDR333
Cable connection through a router (6881 TCP Port opened)

Post subject: Same problem
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:51 pm 
:arrow: I also have this problem of a client using at random 100% CPU. Only to solve by killing the process and restarting it. I'm using S-5.8.11 on a WinXP P4 2.6GHz system. It happens when I'm running multiple clients (which is normal operation). The other clients are nicely behaving. I did not try using only one client at the time.
I have not noticed this behaviour with the previous release.
The window contents also seems to be corrupted. Often very high download rates are shown (much larger then my ADSL connection can handle). :cry: :!:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]