the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Project status news
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:47 am 

A lot of people have been concerned about the lack of updates in the project. This is for a couple of reasons; first, I've been sick, and it's been difficult to concentrate on coding. (Inflammatory bowel disease sucks.)

Second, my codebase has departed sufficiently from the official reference release that it's become difficult for improvements to be transferred, in both directions. This has gotten past annoying and is causing genuine problems. Official is undergoing a thorough rewrite right now, and they're using a wholely different -- and what may turn out to be significantly superior -- method of handling the multitorrent system.

I am waiting for BitTorrent 3.5 to be released, at which time I will port my enhancements to the new code structure, taking the opportunity to rewrite many of them which I implemented in a hackish way. I will also rewrite the GUI to better suit my tastes.

Until then, unless I stumble across an easy way to fix some of the more significant problems in the current codebase, there won't be any new releases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:22 am 
Thanx for brief news - and wish you the best. Get well soon :).

I love this client and look forward to future developement :D.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]