the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: BitTornado T-0.3.18
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:22 pm 

This new release of BitTornado includes the ability to make encrypted connections. I've also finally stopped BitComet from being abusive to clients running in super-seed mode. (I'm also considering banning BitComet from connecting at all.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:39 am 

Heh. That was a rather terse blurb, thanks to my exhaustion yesterday. Let me give you folks a description of BitTornado's encryption behavior.

The encryption standard followed, developed by Azureus, is available at http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Me ... Encryption . BitTornado supports both header-only and full-stream encryption, though header-only is only supported in one of BitTornado's four encryption modes.

These modes are:

1. No encryption permitted. The client won't make any encrypted connections.

2. Encryption enabled (default). The client will accept incoming encrypted connections, and will make outgoing encrypted connections if the tracker tells it that peer requires it (and if the tracker has the extensions to do so). In this mode, the client will recognize header-only encryption.

3. Encrypted connections only. This restricts the client to only connecting via encrpted links, and only via full stream encryption. This may drastically affect the ability of the client to connect to peers with a tracker that doesn't support the crypto extensions.

4. Full stealth encryption. Like the above mode, except it also modifies tracker communications so that (assuming peers are coded properly) the client will never receive any unencrypted incoming connection attempts. If the tracker doesn't support the crypto extensions, this will also effectively firewall the client.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]