the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:25 am 
what different between degreez and pop p2p?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:49 pm 
i'm interested in that too.. if someone could create a p2p client/server(less) that would had a functions from emule and speed from torrents, that would be awesome!

Post subject: is it possible?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:14 am 
lordgreg wrote:
i'm interested in that too.. if someone could create a p2p client/server(less) that would had a functions from emule and speed from torrents, that would be awesome!

that sound awesome....but is it possible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:53 am 

It be nice to see something that has the features of both WASTE and Bittorrentt. Swarm downloading with the security and anomoyity of encryption, can't get much better than that,

http://waste.sourceforge.net/download.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:46 am 

overnet is the closest thing out there to what you guys are describing

http://www.edonkey2000.com/

Post subject: Vibys
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:57 am 

Could the client not do a scan of a random ip range finding ip's with a port open (which would be another user running the client). This client could then send that client the ip's that it has found that are running the client.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:34 am 
evil_misake wrote:
overnet is the closest thing out there to what you guys are describing

http://www.edonkey2000.com/

...emule is more close than overnet
right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:58 am 

emule and overnet work in the same way except emule was originally a client more like edonkey which needed to connect to a server. i do beleive it still needs a server to connect to initially, where as overnet was a development from the creators of edonkey and to be rid of the need for servers, , so overnet is more like (thoguh it does have adware and emule doesnt)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:34 pm 
New versions 0.4x support Kad (serverless) protocol, so it is closer to the dream p2p app ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:39 am 
I like bearshare. No adware/spywaree and its very user friendly. And has a better search than overnet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:16 am 

Anonymous wrote:
I like bearshare. No adware/spywaree and its very user friendly. And has a better search than overnet.

Are you sure bearshare has no adware/spyware? Their own download page says the free version contains "bundled software" which is the typical term people like to use for spyware or adware without saying it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:45 pm 
I'm pretty sure bearshare has adware and instead of bearshare would like to recommend limewire which has no spyware/adware. (has limeshop but that's easily removable).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:07 am 
its all about kazaalite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:50 pm 
KazaaLite is resource munching slow, unstable, insecure trash. Edonkey2000/Overnet/Emule are alright, althought a little sluggish. Bittorrent is in my opinion the closest to the 'dream' p2p currently, even if it only wins over overnet due to speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:47 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
I'm pretty sure bearshare has adware and instead of bearshare would like to recommend limewire which has no spyware/adware. (has limeshop but that's easily removable).

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!

sorry *composes self*

Bearshare is riddled with spyware (call it adware, what you will, it's spyware in my book)
So is limewire
If you want limewire, http://www.mp3newswire.net/stories/2002 ... ewire.html look for clean limewire

personally I found limewire to be poor at best. I use Kazaalite Ressurection (sorry, you'll have to search as Sharman kill sites linking to it) for the k++ functionality plus better connectivity to new KMD clients. I use eMule plus, for my ed2k needs (ie anything that isn't mainstream and likely to be found on the faster fasttrack network or software/disc images which are less likely to be corrupted) and BitTorrent for most of my anime requirements. That coimbination works well for me - and I've not really had as many problems with kazaalite ressurection leaking ram as I used to with older kazaalite clients

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next